Sean X Reader - Lost

hi this story is basically going to be your reaction to sean's death. so obviously a trigger warning for the subject of death

[this story is written from the perspective of a cis female who uses she/her pronouns]

"Y/N!" your eyes flicked open as you felt someone shaking you gently. Your outlaw instincts were on and you shot up. You immediately relaxed when you realised who it was.

"Sean, was there a reason to wake me up when it's still dark?" you say, your voice heavy with sleep.

"I'm heading out into town with Bill, Micah and Arthur, nothing serious, just got them Grays looking for security or something," Sean wrapped his arms around you, stroking the hair out of your eyes.

"Don't you reckon that kind of sounds like a set up to you?" you say, leaving up and kissing his cheek.

"Eh, we'll see, but Sean Maguire sure does know how to handle himself, my love. But in all serious, I was thinking, if we ever get the chance, we should run away some place and settle down, you know?" He said this kid of rushed, almost shyly.

"Mr Maguire, I would love that," you grin.

"And I love you-"

"Oi, Sean, we have to get going," you heard Bill calling from outside your tent, most likely waking up half the camp.

"Ah , better be getting off, love you, dear. I'll be right here when I get back," he said, whizzing out the tent.

————————————

You were always on edge whenever Sean was out. He was a wanted man and he wasn't always as careful as you would have liked him to be. You were so, so in love with him. A shoot of excitement came over you as you thought of actually living somewhere with him, the man you had been head over heels for.

You hugged your knees as you sat against a tree on the bank of the lake, observing the going ons of the camp. The sun was bright, and you couldn't wait for Sean to get back.

You heard the sound of the horses in the distance and saw Micah and Bill heads pop up the distance. Then you heard shouts. Dutch telling everyone to calm down. You heard Mary Beth give a loud shriek. Something was wrong. You rushed over to where Bill was carrying somebody over his shoulder. Sean.

The breath was gone from your body. The world was frozen. Everything was numb. You felt yourself collapse. Tilly was rushing to your side and telling you everything was going to be alright. You knew she was only trying to be comforting but everything wasn't going to be alright.

You never got to say you loved him back.

You  never got to say goodbye.

You would never ever see Sean Maguire again in your life. You couldn't even express the pain that was burning through you like wild fire. It was absolutely excruciating and you wanted nothing more than to disappear into the earth and never return, to reunite with Sean in whatever afterlife wonderland he was sent to.

You couldn't stand it.

:) i'm so sad i have to shut my eyes when i play the part that sean dies in it's SO SAD i love him so much

thank you for reading this i'm going to have heaps more content coming very soon :D