Dutch X Reader - Casual

I haven't written a oneshot in a long time but this fic still gets reads and votes so time to give the people what the may or may not want! pls pls plsss give me some requests! someone requested an arthur smut a while back so i am working on that as well but I thought my return to writing shouldn't be too smutty —————————————————
context - dutch and you have been sleeping together for a while. when you go missing at colter he starts to realise how much he really cares

Warning - implied sex, swearing, kidnapping

(This story is written for a female reader who uses she/her pronouns! Feel free to change up your pronouns/compliments while reading to suit your identity!!!)

————————————————————

"Well that was....." you roll over to face Dutch, still breathing heavily after the events of before.

"Amazing," the man finished your sentence for you, staring deep into your eyes. You could feel him surveying your body as you got up and put your clothes back on. "You could stay the night, you realise. I don't think anyone would notice."

You raise an eyebrow at him and continue putting on your dress. "I'm good for tonight. I don't think I could go another round," you smile, rolling your eyes.

"I don't necessarily mean we have to do that. Just sleeping... ah never mind. Get some rest, Y/N," Dutch chuckles, staring at you with this intense look on his face.

"Night, Dutch," you leave the room, feeling his dark eyes burning into your back.

Ever since you had joined this gang, you and Dutch had had a lot of sexual tension between the two of you, until one night you were both drunk and ended up naked being fucked against a tree. And it hadn't stopped there. First it had been pretty casual. Every time the gang celebrated or when you had both had a bit too much to drink. But soon it started to become a weekly occasion and now most nights you were sharing a bed.

The other gang members hadn't seemed to have caught on to what was happening yet and the two of them had kept things pretty secretive. And that's the way you wanted to keep this. Secretive, casual, and really amazing.

But there was also a part of you that wanted something more. The way Dutch looked at you didn't just turn you on, it made you're heart flutter. Even when Dutch was still with Molly, you found yourself being oddly jealous and that's when you weren't even sleeping together. But you tried to just brush these feelings aside and let things stay sexual instead of romantic.

Colter was the coldest place the gang had ever camped out at. Snow got into every crevice of the walls and it was difficult to find warmth. John was injured, Davey and Jenny were dead, Sean and Mac missing. The O'Driscoll's were nearby and they had just rescued a woman from their clutches. Mrs Adler was traumatised. You couldn't even fathom what she had been through.
————————————————————
The next day Dutch was planning to attack the O'Driscoll's because he found out the Colm was going to be there.

The night before you needed to let of some steam before the attack on the O'Driscoll's so of course you go to Dutch.

(About 1-2 very satisfying hours later)

You're naked in Dutch's room, gathering your clothes from different odd places where they've been thrown. Dutch is laying in his bed watching you with that same intense stare. "Are you prepared for tomorrow, Y/N?" Dutch broke the silence.

"As ready as I really can be," you respond, pulling your underwear off the chair in the corner. "Are you even sure we need to go to Colm? I mean, I know you have a..... history with him, but we've already lost so many. Jenny and now Davey. And we don't even know where Mac and Sean are. Is it too much of a risk?" You looked at him, chewing your bottom lip.

Dutch sprung out of bed, his coarse hands on your shoulders.

"Have you been listening to Arthur? Maybe he set you up to this, hmmm? As much as I do enjoy your company, Y/N, and I don't want to risk anymore lives, don't you see? We are missing the chance of a lifetime if we don't do this. What are the chances that we are here and that scum is just over the way? We need to stick to the plan, Y/N," he says slowly, his face dark. "Goodnight", he says turning his back and sitting down on the bed.

"Right," you whispered with your jaw clenched. "Right. Am I not allowed to have my own opinion on this? I really admire and respect you, Dutch and I really really like doing, well, this with you. But me, and yes, Arthur and everyone else, cares about the risk because these are peoples lives we are talking about. And maybe you need to care a little bit more. So yes, goodnight."
You spin on your heel and walk out the room.
—————————————————————

Lying in your on bed, your mind was racing. Was it really so bad to not want to risk the lives of your own gang members in an impractical fight against another gang? You were on the run from the Pinkertons, the biggest detective agency in the US. You just felt that you didn't have time for this.

You walk out into the night, sliding a shawl around you shoulders, snow falling on your boots. You just couldn't sleep. You wander to the edge of the camp, squinting your eyes. Was that... a person in the distance?

With a thump the world went dark.

—————————————————————

Dutch tossed and turned, his brain whirring, fighting sleep. Did Y/N really think he didn't care? Of course he cared. He cared about her. He didn't want to overstep his boundaries and tell her how he really felt. He liked how things were now but he wanted more. He wanted to be able to hold you in front of other people. He wanted to tell people you were his and no one else's.

He made up his mind. The next day, he was going to do it. He wanted you to be his and he was going to try his best to make it happen.

The next morning Dutch woke up to a panic. "What on earth is going on everybody?"

"Y/N is gone, we can't find her anywhere," Lenny called, dismounting his horse. "We've searched everywhere, Dutch."

Dutch froze. This couldn't happen to him again. He had already lost Annabelle to Colm, he couldn't lose you, not before he had even had the chance to tell you how he really felt. He didn't want to hide his true feelings anymore. He saw red.

Striding over to his house, he looked over at his gang, the misfits that he had gathered together, that he cared about so deeply. "Let's ride."

PART 2 COMING SOON
ooh what a cliffhanger.....
i don't know if this was any good but thank you for reading it! if you liked it pls leave a star :))) i will get to writing part 2