Arthur X Readers - Fights Pt.2

hi a quick warning - i haven't written anything about rdr2 in forever and it's been ages since i've played the game as well (i've been addicted to fallout4 and fallout 76) so i apologise if this is a little rough :/

It's been forever since you've spoken to Arthur. Honestly, you weren't planning on ever speaking to the stuck up idiotic cowboy again. But, of course, Dutch wants to play match maker and send you out on a job together.

And when you found out what that job was, you felt like slapping the man across his smug face.

"DUTCH VAN DER LINDE IF YOU THINK I'M GOING TO GO ON A JOB WHERE I HAVE TO POSE AS ARTHURS WIFE YOU HAVE ANOTHER THINK COMING!" you hissed at him, slamming your hands down on his desk.

"Miss L/N, look, I know the two of you don't get on like you used too but this is a gang and we work as a team, so unless you'd like to go back to the streets where you came from you best believe your sorry ass is going to that bar with Arthur," he finished.

You sighed, defeated. To make matters worse, you had to ride down the the Saint Denis saloon in a carriage, so you would be right next to him, all the way. Shit.

The ride into town was deafeningly silent, occasionally broken by a cough or two from Arthur. Your brow furrowed. You'd heard coughs like that before, from your elderly sick father who had died of tuberculosis. You couldn't imagine how Arthur could have contracted the disease, let alone why you felt the urgent need to protect the man and find him some sort of medicine or something. You shook your head fiercely. You did not like Arthur Morgan anymore.

"Y/N, I think we should talk before we do this, don't you?" Arthur asked quietly.

"There ain't nothing to talk about, Morgan," you respond, turning your head to look him in the eye.

"You're extremely proud, ain't you?" he pushes.

"We ain't having a conversation, Arthur and that's that. Just hurry up and get us to Saint Denis so we can rob some folks."

As you pulled up out the front of the saloon, you locked eyes with the woman that you were planning to rob. Mari Blackworth was one of the richest women in North America and tonight she was wearing a necklace worth double the money the Dutch had stored away at camp. Soon that necklace would be funding a ship to Tahiti or Australia or some other tropical place.

Arthur linked arms with you awkwardly as you walked through the door of the grandest saloon in the city. "Let's just get this night over and done with," you say out of the corner of your mouth. "Lady Blackworth," you say loudly, waving your hands wildly. "How wonderful to see you, it's been forever."

Basically, the robbery went off without a hitch and luckily the woman whose necklace you now had stuffed in your dress was none the wiser.

You could really do with a drink though. Unfortunately, the bartender had overheard the fact that you and Arthur were happily married, so you had to continue the charade. "Two whiskeys, thanks," you said, suppressing an eye roll.

All of a sudden, an extremely drunk man slipped his arm around your waist, pulling you towards him. "H-How much do ya cost, girl?" he asked pulling you close to him.

"I'm not a working girl, sir, so please let go of me."

Arthur looked around from where he had been having his drink and assessed the situation. He heart pounded. He was over you. Completely. Definitely. No doubt about it. So how come seeing you so close to another man made him want to pull you close and never let go?

"Oi, you let her go, you hear me? That's my wife you've got a hold of," he bellowed, making a beeline towards you and the drunken fellow.

"Ya wife?" the guy belched. "A likely story. If that woman's ya wife, prove it."

Your eyes widened as Arthur pulled you towards him and gave you the sweetest kiss. As you stepped back from his embrace, you looked him in the eye. The was something about that look that made you want to just pull the man away and fuck him silly.

So that's what you did.

ahh a happy ending ;) thanks to the person who requested this xx i'm doing all my requests at the moment as 'closure' for being a shit writer xx love you all