Chapter 17

"He didn't say anything?" You asked Jungkook on the phone.

"Nothing at all, he just said that my mom called and she wanted to tell me something but then she cut the call" Jungkook said, "there wasn't even the slightest change in expression"

"So you think he didn't recognise my voice?" You asked.

"I have no idea y/n... maybe he just assumed you're my mom because your contact is saved as Mom2" Jungkook said.

You had no idea why this was hurting you so much.. not being recognised by Jimin should be a good thing. It was something you could hold on to, just in order to move on.. your closure. But it broke you from within.

But his silence said otherwise....

"Why would he change his voice to tell me that you weren't there? Why did he not say anything for 7 seconds or so?" You asked.

"Are you maybe upset that he didn't recognise you?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows.

"I didn't say that" you said, "okay forget it.. I just need to be careful the next time I call you"

"Uhhmm" he said, "you're a bad liar.. but what did you call me for?"

"Oh yeah that.. we are actually doing pretty well at the lab.. we cleared the first step" you smiled to yourself, "I was really very hyped and I wanted to tell someone but I realised most of the people I knew would be asleep so I called you"

"That is so fucking awesome, I'm so proud of you.. this is gonna go so well y/n.. I just know it" he said, "but wait, does this mean you'll go home early?"

"I'm not going anywhere for three years at least" you said.

He sighed, "good" he sounded relieved.

You had been so busy with work that you barely got time to catch up on anything. It had already been two weeks since your arrival in Seoul.

The first week felt terribly lonely. The only person you knew in Seoul was Jungkook. Well, you knew many people but you could only talk to him.
But he was obviously a very busy person. So you tried not to disturb him.

Over the next week you tried talking to your colleagues during lunch breaks in the canteen.
All of them had been sweet and respectful. They addressed you properly, they were indeed very hardworking and you were enjoying working with them.
Lily was particularly easy to talk to so you spent most of your time with her.

You saw her eating an apple and lost in thought. She looked like she was contemplating a murder. You dropped by to greet her.

"Whose murder are you planning?" You asked her as you sat beside her.

"I'm thinking if I should spit on my boyfriend's face or behead him" she said, rolling the apple in her hands.

You almost choked on your orange juice, "what?"

"That asshole has been ignoring me all week.. who does he think he is?" She said.

"Oh well, I'm not sure what to say" you said.

"Oh never mind that y/n" she said, you were glad she was getting comfortable with you, "you wanna go out and sip a couple of martinis with me? I could use it honestly"