Chapter 14

Bucky tried to process what he just heard. They wanted hime to become the Winter Soldier again. Becoming  Hydra's secret weapon was the worst things that could ever happen to him. How he could he do. It would a terrible mistake if he did it. He wasn't sure if he could be saved from that life again. Bucky never thought he would ever be in this kind of situation again. He then thought of  Nat and felt his heart ache for what she must be going through. She would hate herself as well. He didn't want her to go through the same traumatic experience as he did. He will save from it. For Nat.  He would have to erase his memories in order to keep Nat safe. It was a hard decision to make.He knew what he had to do, even though it killed him inside but at least Nat would be safe. That was the most important thing to him. Nat would be safe.

 "I'll do it." Bucky said, feeling anxious. "Now let her go!" Bucky commanded. "Not yet. We still don't trust you." Ivan smirked. "Well, I don't trust you either. Only once Nat is safe will I give you want." Bucky demanded, angrily. "If you don't do what we ask, we will not let her go." Ivan said, bluntly. "You said that you will let her go if I agree to your condition." Bucky said, his body trembling with anger. "Well, I just changed my mind." Ivan smiled. Bucky had no choice. He had to do what this madman wanted otherwise Nat would pay the price for it. "Okay, fine." Bucky said, grimly. "I'm sure you know how everything works." Ivan stated. Bucky nodded as he followed him, feeling defeated. I don't want to lose my memories of Nat. She is the best thing that's ever happened to me but I need to keep her safe. Our love will bring us back together. I know she can bring me back.

At this point, Steve regained consciousness. "Buck, what is going on?" Steve asked, in confusion.  "There is only one way of saving Nat. That is by me becoming the Winter Soldier again." Bucky said, stoically. "Buck, you can't do that. There has to be another way." Steve said, frantically. "There is no other way. This is the only way to save Nat. I wouldn't be doing this if I had another choice." Bucky said, feeling frustrated. "Buck. You know she wouldn't want you to go through that kind of torture again. "If you manage to get through to her before me, tell her I love her. Promise me, Steve." Bucky said, desperately. Steve could only look at him with despair, he knew there was nothing he could do to change his mind. Steve nodded, solemnly. 

As Bucky walked up to the torturous contraption, memories of past encounters came flooding back to him. All the people he killed, ever single death still lingers in his mind. It would be impossible to forget all of those haunting memories.  He had to close his eyes for a moment to try and forget those horrible moments. He thought of Nat instead, how much he loved her and how she loved him. Their love could get him through anything. Sitting down and getting strapped in , he only thought of Nat. They would save each other. Bucky felt slightly better. he had hope. 

 They then placed the magnetic contraption to his head. He flinched from the coldness. "Oh, by the way. I have changed my mind again. We are not letting Miss Romanoff go." Ivan laughed. Bucky's eyes grew wide in terror. He was helpless to do anything right now. He made a huge mistake. He knew he shouldn't have trusted these Hydra bastards. Now he put himself in danger. How was he going to help Nat now. He wanted to scream out in frustration. He was in trouble now. They then switched on the machine. He closed his eyes. Nat I love you. Bucky felt the electricity surge through him. He forgot how painful it was. He had to bite down hard the the clamp they put into his mouth. He screamed out in agony. Before he knew it, he blacked out. 

The door swung open, Ivan and his henchman walked in. "We did it. We now have two winter soldiers in our grasp. Everything is going according to plan. The boss will be pleased." Ivan smirked, feeling victorious. Bucky remained still, waiting for their command. "Soldier, it's time." Ivan ordered, waking Bucky up. Bucky opened his eyes, showing no emotion. "Go fight off the rest of the Avengers." Ivan commanded. Bucky nodded, remaining passive. He walked off, without a word.