Chapter 16

Warning: This chapter contains a scene that gets a little PG 13. If you're not comfortable with these, please move on to the next paragraph. 

"Soldier is there anything you would like to tell me?" Nat asked, after leaving the meeting with Ivan. Bucky glanced nervously at Nat. He anted to tell her everything but that meant him blowing his cover. He couldn't risk that as it was the only way to save Nat. "No. there's nothing, except that we have a lot of prep to do for the mission." He said calmly. "Oh, you can call me James. I think Soldier is too formal, now that we are dating." He winked at her, causing her to blush, hoping that would distract her from asking anymore questions. It didn't work. " I can tell something is off with you. You were responding to Ivan a lot differently that usual. Did something happen?" Nat continued on. "Nothing happened. Everything is fine. Can you please drop it." Bucky said, irritably. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Nat said, feeling annoyed. "Well, I'm fine." He said, coolly. "Okay. I see this isn't the best time for you. I'll come back later then." Nat said, knowing that she might lose her temper with him and end up saying something she will regret.

She turned around, starting to walk away when she heard Bucky call her name. It wasn't in angry way, it was in his usual, gentle and calm tone. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you like that. There is something going on but I just can't talk about it right now. Trust me, I want to tell you everything." Bucky apologised, as he moved closer to Nat. Nat moved closer, then pulled him into a hug. "Whatever it is, you know you can tell me. I'm here for you. If you don't want to talk about it now, that's okay. Whenever you are ready, you can. I'll be here for you. I' m not going "anywhere."Nat said soothingly, instantly comforting him. Bucky felt so safe in her arms, nothing bad could ever happen if he just stayed in her arms forever. He pulled her closer to him. "I love you so much, my Nat." He whispered in her ear, as he gently placed a kiss on her head. "I love you so much, my James." She echoed back, kissing his forehead. 

He then whispered in her ear, something she didn't expect him to say in this moment. " I want you." He said softly, seductively.She shivered in delight. "James..." She hesitated. Bucky loved how she said his name, it didn't matter which Nat it was,  his name sounded so beautiful when she said it. "Nat..." He imitated her, as he gently placed kisses all over face. "We can't do this... not now. Not when you're in this vulnerable state." She pleaded with him, although she was finding it very hard to resist him. "I just want you. You will make me feel better." He smirked, as he started kissing her neck. "Oh, James!" Nat gasped, at the surprising feeling of him on her neck. She just closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment. There was nothing Nat could do, she wanted this just as much as him, so she just let go.

He slowly took off her top, making her breath hitch. She never allowed herself to be this vulnerable with someone before. It felt incredible to experience this moment with him. The man she loved. When his eyes roamed her body,  it was filled with love and lust , all She could see it  in his warm eyes. Then they carried on.

***

A few hours later, Nat laid awake beside Bucky. She gently caressed his face, admiring how peaceful and ease he looked at the moment. She wished she could take his troubles away. If only if it was that easy. She knew it was difficult for him to open up to her. He was hurt before, that's why it would take a while for him to fully trust her. She gets it. It took her a while for to trust anyone. The only weird thing was that she was able to trust Bucky so easily and that scared her. How could she so easily trust a stranger, a stranger now that has become her lover. It was odd. She couldn't fall back to sleep so decided to check some of the weapons they would need for the mission the next day.