Chapter 17

Nat was paralysed with fear as she witnessed  her boyfriend being tortured by Hydra. Her heart shattered into pieces. She shook herself from the temporary paralysis, regaining her strength to knock out those bastards. She could feel herself bubbling with anger and it was about to explode. In one swift moment , she launched herself at the closest target, knocking the minion off his feet. Her rage was overpowering as she continued to disrupt Hydra's schemes. Ivan and his henchman fled the scene. Running away like the cowards they are. Nat thought, as she watched them disappear. She finally knocked out the final minions, allowing to finally free Bucky from the petrifying contraption. She could feel herself trembling, as she slowly freed Bucky. He was barely conscious, as he fell into her arms. "Nat, you came back to me."He said, deliriously, trying to focus his attention on her. "I came back, my love. I'm here now. You're going to be okay." She whispered to him, as she gently pressed a kiss on his head. "Let's go home." she said to him, carrying him out as he passed out in her arms.

Nat was able to contact the Avengers. She quickly explained the whole situation to them.They were on their way to rescue them. Bucky was still unconscious, this worried her. She hated seeing him hurt., especially when there was nothing she could do. She hated feeling helpless. That somehow triggered her. She was back to her old self. Yet she still had the memories of her amnesia self. That Nat fell in love with Bucky too. She wasn't surprised, that meant their love was so powerful, they would always fall in love and find a way to be together. That's when it hit her. That's was Bucky's plan. He wanted to make her fall in love with him all over again. She smiled at him, her boyfriend was so romantic.

She began thinking about the Hydra cowards that ran away. What was she going to do now. She still needed answers. Especially about Ivan. There was something about that triggered her and she didn't know why. That didn't matter right now, all that mattered was getting Bucky back home and making sure he was okay. That was her most important priority at the moment. She looked at him and thought how much she loved him. There was nothing in the world that could take that away from her. Nothing. Not even being brainwashed could keep her from falling for him.

Soon the Avengers arrived, helping ease Nat's anxiety. Everyone was relieved to see Nat back to her usual self. They pulled her in for a hug. "We missed you so much!" Tony screamed in her ear, as he hugged tightly. "Thank you, Tony. I missed you guys too." She said, barely audible as she was being suffocated by Tony's bear hug. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Clint asked, bombarding her with questions. "I'm all good.It's Bucky you should be worried about. He is the one who is unconscious."Nat said, her voice shrill with anxiety. She was stressing that he would never wake up again. She just wanted to get out of this horrible place. "I just want to go home now." She said, tearing up. "I need to make sure James is okay." She said softly, as she held him closer to her.

When they all arrived at the compound, Nat stepped out of the jet and took a deep breath. She sighed, happily. It was good to be home. She thought to herself. Thor and Steve helped carry Bucky out of the jet, still unconscious. She was going to kill those Hydra guys. She had no idea what they did to him. It killed her to see him like this. When they put Bucky in the medical room, Nat sat and waited with him, not wanting to leave his side. Steve came up to her, she looked up with him, slightly annoyed, knowing what he was about to say. "You should go rest. You've had a long day. Hell, you've had a long few weeks. You still need to recover as well." Steve said, gently. "I don't need rest. I'm perfectly fine. I'm not leaving James's side.  "I will watch over Bucky. He will be okay." Steve said, calmly. "It's not just that. Everything that has happened to him is all because of me. I want to be the one to make sure he is alright. I don't think I can leave him. I don't want to be away from him again. I want to be the first person he sees when he wakes up."Nat said, as she could feel herself starting to hyperventilate. Steve noticed this, so he walked closer to her and gave her a warm hug. "Thanks." Nat mumbled softly, as she found herself calming down a little.

"I know I might sound very clingy but a lot has happened in the past few weeks. It feels like I've been separated from him for years, even though he has been by side this whole time." Nat confessed, as she covered her face with her hands. "You were not yourself. Everything was off. It's understandable you would feel this way." Steve said, soothingly. "What if I hurt him Steve, I could've killed him while I was under Hydra's control. I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself for that. That's the one thing I can't get over." Nat said, feeling ashamed, as tears started pouring down her face. "It's not your fault. You were brainwashed by Hydra, you had no control over what was happening. Besides, while Bucky was under cover  he told me he saw a side to you he has never seen before. A softer side. He said it was cute to see you in such a different manner. He said he fell in love with you all over again." Steve explained.

Steve still had his arms wrapped around Nat, giving her comfort with his hug. The two of them were engrossed in their conversation, they didn't notice that Bucky woke up. "You two look cozy." Bucky said irritably as he sat up in bed. They broke up quickly. "He was comforting me." Nat explained, with a slight smile on her lips as she got up to hug him. 'I missed you." She whispered, as she softly kissed his lips. "I missed you too." He said, kissing her back. "Uh... should I give you two some privacy." Steve said, with a smirk on his face. "Yes." Bucky said. "No." Nat said, gently hitting Bucky's arm. "I'm glad you're okay, buddy." Steve said, as he hugged Bucky. "Thanks." He smiled. "How are you feeling?" Nat asked, as she ran her hands through his hair. "Better, but I have the worst headache right now." He said, groaning in pain. "I'll go get you some painkillers. I'll be right back." Steve said, using that as excuse to leave. Nat smirked. "He was waiting for an opportunity to leave." She snickered, as Bucky pulled her closer to him so that she was almost one top of him. "I know. I just said that so he could leave." Bucky smirked. "I love you so much." Nat responded, as she kissed Bucky passionately.

A few moments later, Nat fell asleep in Bucky's arms. Bucky placed a gentle kiss on her head. "It's good to have you back."He whispered, as he covered her with a blanket. Soon he fell asleep too with a smile on his face. He was happy to be with his Nat again. In the middle of the night, Nat woke up screaming in terror. Bucky woke up, immediately taking her in his arms, as he rubbed her back. "Shh. Everything is okay. You're safe. I'm right here. You're safe with me." He said, soothingly. "Do you want to talk about it?" Bucky asked, as he lovingly stroked her hair. "Not really." Nat said quietly, as she moved closer into Bucky's arms. He held her tightly against him. "I've got you." He said, softly as Nat slowly drifted off to sleep in his arms.

The next morning, Nat woke up to find herself still wrapped up in Bucky's arms. She felt so safe with him and calm. There was no better feeling that that. It was in that moment she realised he was her home. The one she was looking for her whole life. She always thought it would be a place. Since Bucky came into her life, she finally understood what the word home meant to her. Love, safety and comfort. He gave her all of that. She hoped she gave him the same feeling of love. When she was with him, everything made sense. She didn't know what she would do without him. He was her whole world.

She got out of bed slowly, trying not to wake him. "Where do you think you're going?" A sleepy voice asked, pulling her back into the bed. Nat smiled, she missed these little moments with him. "Nowhere." She smiled, contentedly. She was happy to be in his arms again. She felt like she could stay in his arms forever. She felt as if all of her problems would magically disappear.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, turning her head to look at him. "Much better now." He grinned, flashing his charming smile. " I'm glad." She said, as she reached up to peck his lips. "How are you feeling?" He asked, knowing how exhausted she must have been. "I'm doing great, actually. Better than great. I feel incredible." Nat said, a little too enthusiastically. " Bucky frowned, something didn't feel right. "Nat, there's something I've been meaning to ask you." Bucky said, cautiously. "Yeah..." Nat hesitated, noticing Bucky's worried tone.

"How have you been feeling with your new strength?" He asked, nervously. "I haven't really noticed it that much. I feel pretty normal." Nat said, casually. "Hmm. Okay." He said, still worried. "Why do you ask?" Nat asked, feeling anxious. "It's just that we might not know if you could still linked to Hydra, the way I was. I just want to make sure you're  one hundred percent you." He said, honestly.  "Oh." Nat said. "It doesn't mean you are. I was just trying to be safe." Bucky said, trying to ease her anxiety. "I think we should check." Nat said, determinedly. " I need to make sure I'm still me. I don't want put the team at risk." Nat said, as she got out of bed. "Are you sure? " He asked, with concern. "Yes. I want to make sure that those bastards don't try to take my life from me ever again." Nat said, forcefully. "Okay, let's call in the rest of the team." Bucky said, determined not to let anything happened to Nat again.