Chapter 6

Nat woke up early the next morning. She wasn't feeling like herself. The seizure incident knocked her down a bit. She hated feeling like this. She was always in control. She took measures that prevented her from having seizures again.

Worst of all, Bucky had to witness it. It wasn't something she wanted to share with him. She was too ashamed. It also scared her at how fiercely protective he was. This was a new experience for her. She's been in a few relationships  before but nothing as serious as her relationship with Bucky. It intimidated her a little.

Nat needed to go out  for a while and clear her head.  She didn't tell Bucky where she was going because she knew he would convince her to stay with him. He will be very protective. She didn't think she could handle all of that right now.

She found her trusty Harley Davidson motorbike in the garage. She hadn't rode it in ages. It's time to put it to good use again. Soon she took off, feeling the breeze wash over her as her hair was flowing freely. She took in a deep breath. "This feels amazing." She thought to herself.

She continued riding until she came up to the building where it all began. The Avengers tower. Initially Stark tower. Her life changed when she became an Avenger. She never thought she would see herself becoming a superhero. After everything she went through.

Asa Nat walked inside the abandoned building, she was hit by a strong sense of nostalgia. It actually hurt.  It brought back a lot of memories. She remembered when Clint first brought her to Shield...

She was literally shaking with anxiety. She's never been caught before. This terrified her. What were they going to do to her, she thought.  I wonder if it will be as bad as the Red Room. That would be impossible, nothing could be worse than the Red Room.

As she stepped onto the helicarrier, she began to hyperventilate. Clint was walking beside her, saw that she was panicking. "Hey, it's alright. You're going to be okay. This is a safe place. No one is going to hurt you."  Clint reassured her. "Am I not in trouble? I've caused a lot of problems for you guys." She asked nervously. "Don't you worry about that. We'll get through it. If anything, I will be in more trouble than you." He chuckled.  Nat laughed.

She felt a little better, knowing that Clint is on her side. She was just really nervous about meeting Nick Fury. She's heard a lot of him fro the Red Room. He was the most  brilliant and most deadliest spy that Shield has ever had.

Nat and Clint walked down the hallway,heading closer to the main deck. As they got closer, she caught a glimpse of Nick Fury. She gulped nervously. He wasn't facing her, he was commanding several Shield agents. Once her and Clint reached meeting room, the whole room fell silent.

"Mr Barton, I would like to know why you brought a deadly assassin onto my ship." Nick Fury said coldly. "Sir, I believe she can become integral part of our team, given her unique skill set." Clint defended.
"She was trained to kill, Mr Barton. Am I correct?" Fury said venomously.  Nat winced at his words.  "Yes, but she can be useful..."  "Not another word Mr Barton. She is a dangerous assassin and cannot be trusted. Go take her to a cell. I'll interrogate her later." Fury spat, turning away from Clint and Nat.

"I'm really sorry, I really thought I could convince him." Clint apologized, as he walked Nat to her cell. "That's okay. You tried. I'm so grateful for that. No one has ever stood up for me before. Thank You for your help Clint." Nat smiled sadly. "Of course Natasha. I won't stop fighting. I promise you. You deserve a second chance." He said, locking her in the cell.
"Thank you." She responded, as he said his goodbyes and walked away.

She opens a few minutes in the cell, thinking about how her life came to this. To be locked up for doing unimaginable things to people. she was trained to hurt people. She didn't think Clint could get through to Nick Fury, it looks like he already made up his mind about her.

Nat could hear footsteps walking down the passage. She thought it was Clint but was surprised to see Nick Fury standing in front of her. "Miss Romanova, you have made quite the impression on Mr Barton. Why is that?" Fury interrogated. "I keep asking myself the same question." Nat replied. "You're not what I expected to be, Miss Romanova. I know you're the kind of person that doesn't take crap from anyone. You have one thing that the other Black Widows don't have. That's compassion. I don't usually believe in second chances, but with you, I'm willing to take that risk. Barton believe you can be an integral part of Shield. Let's see if he is right. Maybe put your specific skill set to better use." Nick announced. Nat didn't think she heard correctly.

"Wait, are you saying that I'm joining Shield." She said in disbelief. "Did you even listen to the speech that I just gave." He said incredulously. "I did, I just needed to make sure I wasn't hearing incorrectly."Nat said sheepishly. "Well, I can assure you that you heard correctly." He said, gruffly. "Thank you so much sir! You won't regret this."  "I sure hope not." Nick muttered under his breath. "One more thing, you will now be known as Natasha Romanoff. It's to leave your previous life in the past. No one will ever question your identity. It's also to protect you from your previous life." Fury mentioned. "Okay, that's great! Thank you again for this second chance, sir." Nat expressed her gratitude. He nodded, as he unlocked her cell...

Nat smiled at the memory from a few years ago. Ever since that day, Natalia Romanova vanished and Natasha Romanoff was born. She soon became one of the best Shield agents that there is today. Second chances really have the power of changing someone's life. She's forever grateful that Fury had given her a chance to show her true self.

She thought of Bucky, the love of her life. He is always so kind and supportive. He also helped her become a better person. She realised she can't live without him, well she can but she didn't want to. He meant the world to her. She just wanted to get back to the Avengers facility to tell him that.

Half an hour later, she was back at the Avengers facility. Once she got inside she raced to her and Bucky's room. She was bursting with excitement, dying to tell Bucky how she really felt about  him and she was so glad that he is in her life. When she went inside, she was surprised to see that he wasn't there. There was another place she knew where she could find him. 2 minutes later, she found him in the training room with Steve.

"Hey Nat, are you okay? How are you feeling?" Bucky asked, gently. "Yeah, much better now actually." She grinned, as she ran towards him. Bucky quickly turned away from his and Steve's fight to catch Nat in his arms. "I'll give you two some privacy." Steve said awkwardly as he quickly walked away. Bucky could only nod, as we primarily focused on his girlfriend. "I love you James, so much! I don't think I could live without you!" Nat professed, as she kissed Bucky deeply.

"Wow, someone's feeling very affectionate today." Bucky teased, when they pulled away. "I know, I just needed to tell you that. Even though we have said it before. I was just feeling very vulnerable, that's why I disappeared for awhile." She confessed, ignoring his teasing. "Well, I'm glad you managed to sort it out." He smiled, kissing her again. "Oh, I love you so much too, in case you didn't know." He laughed, as they pulled apart for air. She smacked him lightly. "Oh, I definitely know you do." She smiled.