Chapter 19

When Nat and Bucky got back to the compound, they explained the situation to everyone. "Are you sure you want to go back there. It's really dangerous." Steve said, cautiously. "It's something I need to do.If he is my father, I need to save him." Nat said, defensively. "I get that, Nat. We just don't want to put you in danger. We don't know what control they still have over you." Steve said, trying to reason with her. "I can take care of myself. I've went on countless dangerous missions before. This is no different than any of the other ones." Nat said, raising her voice. "Nat we know you can handle yourself. The circumstances are different now. Hydra can still use you as a weapon. Remember how Zemo could still control me. They could do the same thing to you." Bucky expressed his concerns. Nat gave him a look. 

"Not you too, James. You're supposed to be on my side." She said, her voice softening. "I am on your side. I am always on your side. I'm saying this because I love you and I want to protect you." Bucky said, cupping her face in his hands. "Please, Don't go." Bucky pleaded. Nat looked into his warm caring eyes. She had never seen him so desperate and anxious before. She didn't want him to worry. She told him what he wanted to hear, wanting to keep his mind at ease. "Okay, I won't go." Nat lied, knowing there was no other way. She needed to know if Ivan was her father. "I promise you, we will find another way. I will help you get your father back." Bucky pledged, as he pulled her in for a hug. Nat hated lying to him but it was the only way she could candle the situation. 

Later that evening, when she was sure everyone was asleep, she headed to the weapons room. She needed to make sure she had sufficient weapons when going back to Hydra's headquarters, or whatever you call that place. When she got there, she jumped back in shock. She found Bucky waiting in the room. Nat could feel the rage emanating from him.He was livid  "I can explain." Nat said, defensively. "Oh can you now?" He replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "James, you have to understand. That man could be my father. I have to do something. I can't just sit here and do nothing. Please, James." Nat begged, hoping he would understand her. He usually did. "Nat, I'm sorry. It's just too dangerous for you." Bucky argued. "It's not your decision to make. You can't force me to stay." Nat countered, feeling her blood boil with anger. " I know. I was just hoping you would listen because you love me." He said, honestly. Who the hell does he think he is? Nat thought to herself. "What the hell, James? Why can't you trust me on this. I can do whatever the hell I want. You can't use your love as an excuse to control me" Nat yelled, irritated by his protectiveness.

"Nat, my love. I'm not trying to control you. I'm only trying to protect you from Hydra." Bucky said, calmly. "I don't need your protection. I can take care  of myself. I've been doing to for so many years. Just because you and I are together doesn't mean I forgot how to protect myself. I don't  need you to be protecting me all the time." Nat exploded, her eyes burning with rage. Bucky wasn't sure how to respond to this. He didn't know Nat felt that way. "Why haven't you told me you felt that way." He said, feeling hurt that she didn't confide in him about how she felt. "I didn't want to hurt your feelings." Nat softened, noticing the pained look in his eyes. "This was the reaction I was trying to avoid." She pointed out, looking deeply into his eyes. "Nat. I want you tell me when you're not comfortable or when I'm being overbearing. I don't want you to feel suffocated with me. I want you to be relaxed and open with me. It's better to be honest than keeping everything to yourself. I won't be able to help you if you do. I love you so much Nat. All I want for you is to be happy. If you want me to be a little less overprotective over you then I will do that. I will do anything for you." He professed, lovingly. 

Nat's heart melted. He was so sweet and caring. How does he always know the right thing to say. He is honestly too perfect to be true but he is. He is all hers. All the anger she had for him, instantly vanished. He is so pure and full of love that everything she said before didn't even matter anymore. She knew that he couldn't help but be overprotective. It was just in his nature. She loved him so much for that. She just wanted him to tone it down just a bit. She didn't want to feel suffocated in the relationship. She didn't realise it felt like that until he said it that way. If she was being honest with herself, she did feel a little suffocated. That's what she hated to admit. She loved him with every being in her body, she didn't want to tell him that he was being a little overprotective. She knew it would hurt him, like it did now. The reason, she didn't want to admit her true feelings was that she was afraid that he would hate her. She dreaded that would happen. She had never been in a proper relationship before and she didn't want to mess things up by telling James something that could hurt his feelings. Although, it was too late for that now.