Chapter 5

Everyone soon found out that Nat and Bucky were together. It didn't take them long. In fact, they knew right away. They saw how Nat and Bucky were with one another. They spent all of their time together, always lingering around each other, touching each slightly, that showed their feelings for each other. Those two were inseparable. They always spent nights together, alternating  between rooms when eventually they stuck to Nats room. It was further away from everyone,making their more intimate times less disturbing to other people.

For the first time in months Bucky and Nat were happy. Not just with each other but as individuals. It was an amazing feeling. Everyone noticed it too. They worked really well together on missions. Always becoming better. Nat never was into the whole cheesy romantic things. With Bucky, she was a sucker for it.

There were times when he set up a picnic under the stars, where they both fell asleep in each other's arms. One day he ran her a bath, filled with candles and rose petals all over the bathroom floor. It was one of the most relaxing things she ever done. She also pulled off some great romantic gestures herself. She took him to a race track where they both raced each other . She also gave him a fantastic massage, after an exhausting mission. He enjoyed it so much, it led them to other kinds of enjoyment.

It was 2am, when Bucky woke up from Nat's screaming. She was having another nightmare. He gently shook her, trying to wake her up. It was no use. He shook her a bit harder this time. Nothing. She was screaming, as if someone was torturing her at this moment. All of a sudden the screaming stopped.

Then her body began shaking uncontrollably. She was having a seizure. "Oh god, what do I do." Bucky panicked. He tried getting something to put inside her mouth, to keep her from biting her tongue. She was still convulsing, when he called Steve. "I need you to come to Nat's room. She's having a seizure." Bucky explained. "There's no time. Just take her to the Med bay." By the time he got to the Med bay. The convulsions stopped but Nat was unconscious.

Steve arrived a few minutes later. "What happened?" Steve asked. "She was screaming in her sleep. I couldn't wake her up." He said, shuffling around miserably. "I couldn't help her." He said, as he punched the wall in frustration. "It's not your fault Buck. There was nothing you could do." "Exactly! There was nothing I could do. That makes it worse. I couldn't help my girlfriend." He sulked. "She's going to be okay. Don't beat yourself up about it. You should go back to bed. We have a big day ahead of us." Steve told him. "I'm going to stay here with Nat." "Okay. Just get some rest."

Bucky didn't sleep all night. He was too worried about Nat. He never saw anything like that happen to her. As he gazed upon her, he hoped this wouldn't happen again.

As Nat started to wake up, Bucky felt his body relax a bit. "James, what am I doing in the infirmary?" Nat asked, confused. "Uh... Well you had a seizure last night. I didn't know what to do so I brought you here." Bucky answered glumly. "Dammit, not again." Nat groaned in frustration. "This happened before!?" Bucky exclaimed. "It's not a big deal." "Not a big deal?! It's a huge deal Nat. Something bad could have happened during those seizures! You could've died!"Bucky said, getting angry.

She just looked at him, tears filling in her eyes. He softened. "Why didn't you tell me?" He said gently. " I didn't want you to see me so vulnerable."She said, as tears rolled down her face. "Nat babe,we're in a relationship. It's inevitable for us to be vulnerable. Irrespective of that. Even if I see you vulnerable, it will never change my view of you as the most badass, most dangerous spy and superhero I have ever known. I love you, for everything that you are. Strengths and weaknesses.Even when you come back from the gym"  Nat laughed, punching  him lightly. "You're also not that great yourself, after the gym." She pointed out. "Yeah, I know." He laughed.

"My point is that even at your most vulnerable, you're also your most incredible self. I love you" He added, kissing her gently on her forehead. "You're amazing Barnes, and I love you too." She smiled at him, pulling him closer to kiss him. " I just realised that we just said 'I Love You' to each other for the first time. Do you think it's too soon?" He asked, getting a little nervous. "No, it's not too soon. I really do love you James. More than I ever loved anyone." She smiled, kissing him again. "Hmm. I can get used to this..." He said, still kissing her.

"I really hate to ruin the moment, but can you tell me when the seizures started happening?" He asked, breaking off the kiss. "You're a real buzz kill James but fine I'll tell you. "She sighed. "Okay, so it was after the whole Sokovia Accords situation that I began feeling a little anxious. I don't get anxious. I knew something was very wrong. All that anxiety triggered old memories of when I was in the Red Room. All the things they made me do. The people I hurt..."She paused, taking a deep breath.

"It's okay, take your time." Bucky said patiently. She smiled, appreciating his patience. " All I remember was that I was in my room, trying to fall asleep, when all of a sudden I was lying on the floor and blood was dripping from my mouth. I realised what happened and that the blood was the result of me biting my tongue during the seizure. It happened three more times after that. Last night would be the fourth time now." She said, as she looked away from Bucky, feeling vulnerable.

He gently turned her head towards him. "Thank you for telling me. I know it was hard." He said before he kissed her gently. "You truly are the most incredible person I've ever met." Nat grinned, kissing him again. He smiled "I feel the same way about you." "Can we go back to our room now. I really don't like infirmaries." "Of course, my dear." He said as he picked Nat up in his arms . "Your wish is my command." He grinned, carrying Nat in his arms. "My hero" she laughed.

When they returned to the room, they decided to call in sick. They both didn't have the energy to go for a mission. Nat messaged the group and letting them know that her and Bucky won't be joining the mission for today. Tony couldn't help himself with sending crude innuendos. Everyone was good with it though,saying how we both deserve a break.

While Nat was chatting on the group, Bucky was busy running a bath for her. He wanted her to relax as much as possible. He wants her to feel like herself again. He just wanted to protect her the way she protects him. After hearing the sound of running water, Nat walked in the bathroom to see Bucky fill a bath for her. Bubbles and all.

"James, this is so sweet. I really needed this." She smiled, kissing Bucky. "Of course, my Nat. I just want you to feel calm and relaxed." He said turning around so she could get ready for the bath. "This is why I love you.This feels incredible" She moaned, as she lowered herself into the glorious warm water. "Better than..." He winked suggestively. "Yes." She closed her eyes and laid her head back against the tub.

They both then spent the rest of the day relaxing and cuddling in bed. Also watching plenty of rom coms, much to Nat's dismay. She would. Never admit it but she had a soft soft for them. Although Bucky already knew this of course.