Chapter 2

When Nat reached her room, she let out a huge sigh of relief. Tonight was torture. She though to herself. She didn't think she would be so affected by him, well not so soon. It was difficult to forget the moments she had with him before and him not remembering any of it. Oh, but the way he was teasing her.... She could feel goosebumps rising on her arms. It was not fair how he made her feel so vulnerable. The next time she sees him, he will get a taste of his own medicine.

As soon as Nat left, it dawned on him on what happened between them. He couldn't remember the last time he flirted so much with someone. Not even the time when Steve set him up with someone a few months back. He never was that flirtatious. There was something about Nat that made him feel normal again, he never felt like this in a long time. He smiled to himself at how easily she crumbled as he flirted with. He didn't think she would be so affected, it surprised him. As Bucky went to sleep that night, all he could think about was the beautiful Red head, Nat.

Nat woke up in the middle of the night drenched in perspiration, reeling from the nightmare she had. It was about James. Her James. When he was taken away from her and she couldn't do anything about it as she saw him being dragged away by Hydra agents. She didn't think she would ever see him again. He is here now, sleeping in the room opposite hers, not knowing that they had history together.She go back to sleep, fearing that she might have another dream about him.

It was around 2am when Nat heard Bucky screaming. He was probably having a nightmare she thought. She decided to go check up on and make sure he is okay. When she reached his room, she found the door unlocked, stepping inside quietly.

It was heartbreaking to seem him in that kind of state. Sweating and his face contorted with pain. She sat beside him and gently shook him. Bucky woke up with a start, panting, from the exhaustion. "It's okay now, the nightmare is over." Nat said soothingly.

"Do you want to talk about it." She asked gently. "It was about you." Nat stiffened. "Someone was hurting you and I couldn't do anything." He said, sounding distraught."It was only just a dream." She lied as she held him in her arms, stroking his hair. Bucky than felt himself relax in her arms, closing his eyes as heard Nat softly singing a song he never heard before. Soon enough Bucky fell off to sleep again. Not long after that,Nat fell asleep too.

Bucky woke up the next morning to find Nat asleep in his arms. Memories from the previous night came flooding. Nat..Holding...him..Singing. A small smile crept onto his face. The fact that she came to comfort him, showed that she cared about him. Nat began stirring. "Morning" She said groggily. "Morning" he said just as groggily. "Thanks for last night, I really appreciate it." He smiled. "Anytime" she said, smiling back.

"I think I should be heading back to my room. We don't want anyone finding out that we were together." She said. "Oh, ok" he replied,sounding disappointed
"Okay then. I will see you later." She said, giving him a small smile. "Bye." Was all he managed to say. Leaving him alone in his room.

An hour later, Nat walked down for breakfast. The rest of the gang were already there, halfway through their breakfast. "Had a good sleep last night Romanoff? Dreaming about Bucky." Tony snickered. "Shut up, Tony." She said irritably. A few minutes later Bucky walked down. He and Nat made eye contact. He started blushing. "Looks like Mr Moody here has also been dreaming about his lover." Tony teased. This made Bucky and Nat blush even harder, because Bucky did in fact dream about Nat. Not that they would admit that, Tony would only tease them more.

***** present day****
"Our first mission together, that was a disaster." Nat laughed as she sat in the kitchen watching Bucky make breakfast. "Yeah, I remember how much you were teasing me. You really know how to distract a guy" he hid said laughing as he was frying the bacon.

"Hmmm. It smells so good." Nat inhaled. "Luckily I know how to cook for my darling wife, otherwise we both would be starving." Bucky chuckled."Besides I was always the better cook." He said smugly, which she just slapped his arm to. "That's not true, I believe I am a great cook." Nat said proudly. "Keep telling yourself that, honey." He said, which only earned him another punch on the arm.

"Ouch!" Nat yelled in pain. "What happened?" Bucky asked with worry, immediately dropping what he was doing as he ran to her side. "The baby just gave one powerful kick." Nat smiled. "Strong, just like their mother." Bucky smiled
"You got that right." Nat smirked. "I would love if the baby had your deep blue eyes." She said contentedly.

"What would be even better is that the baby would have bright orange hair, like yours. Whether the baby is a girl or boy." Bucky said as he gently laid a hand against Nat's stomach. "Oh no, that would be a disaster." Nat laughed. "It's way too bright." She said. "I love it" Bucky said as he kissed her head. "It's one of the reasons why I fell in love with you."
****Nat and Bucky's first mission****
Nat and Bucky were in a car together. All alone. They sat in awkward silence, after the events of this morning and last night. Nat was the first one to break the silence. "Your face was pretty red this morning." She teased. "So was yours." He replied. "Touché" she stated. She was going to ask him about h nightmares, when another thought popped in her head.

She remember what she said she would do to him when she saw him again. "So..." She said casually as she placed her hand on his legs, making him jump. "This is our first mission together." She said casually. "Uh...yeah..Its...uh...um going to be um... Interesting." Bucky stuttered nervously. Nat smirked, noticing how awkward he has become.

She decided to tease him some more for fun. She began moving her hands up and down his leg. He gulped. She chuckled. "You are going to get us killed." He said trying to sound confident. "Why? What did I do" she said innocently, still rubbing his leg. "You know very well what you are doing." He said, with a small smile on his face. "Besides, whatever you are trying to, it's not working." He said, try to sound brave. "Yeah, I could tell by the way you slightly jumped and your stuttering." She teased, pleased with the outcome of her plan. "You...Uh...just caught me off guard." He stuttered.

Before Nat could reply, she heard a thundering voice from her comms device. "Ms Romanoff, could you please stop flirting with Mr Barnes and rather concentrate on the mission at hand." Fury thundered. "Yes,sir." Nat replied, feeling ashamed that Fury heard everything. Bucky chuckled. "Oh Shut up Barnes."

"You know, if you continued your little game. I would have stopped the car and kissed you right there and then." He whispers seductively in her ear. She shivered, which was her usual response, when she was with Bucky. He chuckled. "You're too easy." He laughed at her response. " I never used to be this pathetic." She huffed. "Hmmm. So it's only after you met me that you became so easy to crack. I always had that effect on the ladies" He smirked. Nat rolled her eyes at this.