Chapter 15

It wasn't hard to get Nat to fall for Bucky all over again. He was going to enjoy romancing Nat all over again and having the opportunity to fall more in love with her. Once she falls for him again, hopefully it will reboot her mind and bring back the old Nat that he loved. He missed her, he missed everything about her. He missed her tenacity, her independence, her vulnerability side that she only showed to him. He just wanted his Nat back. 

Two weeks had passed, Bucky could sense that Nat was already falling for him. Every time they were together, he would turn on the charm and flirt with him. To his surprise, she flirted back. He didn't think she would respond to him so quickly, but he was happy nevertheless. He honestly thought she would be more resistant and cautious, given how she was when they met the first time. He was glad, she was somewhat different. It allowed him fall in love with another version of Nat, the love of his life. Falling in love with her once was an incredible experience but falling in love with her all over again felt magical, despite the circumstances. Hopefully she would feel the same way when she got her memories back. 

Nat found herself drawn to the mysterious Winter Soldier, there was just something about him that made him feel so familiar to her. She couldn't understand how. For instance, when his hands gently grazed hers, she normally felt uneasy when someone touched her. Somehow his touch was warm and comforting. She wished she could understand why that kept happening to her. Sometimes she became so lost in her thoughts about the Winter Soldier that she forgot what she was supposed to be doing. She never thought she would ever fall for someone, but here she was, falling fast.

"Are you ready for training today?" Bucky asked Nat, as the walked towards the training room. Ivan had told him to train Nat to  become a deadly assassin like him. Bucky didn't have to do much  because she was already so powerful already. "I am always ready." Nat said, confidently. Bucky chuckled to himself, she reminded him of the old Nat, always defiant and ready to prove herself. Nat noticed his laugh. What's so funny?" She demanded. "Oh, nothing. It's just that you remind me of someone I knew." He smiled, gently. "Oh." Nat said, with disappointed etched in her voice.  It sounds like there was someone he loved  before, Nat thought to herself. Bucky noticed Nat's sudden jealousy, he did his best to suppress a smile. The fact the she was jealous of herself, almost made him laugh out loud. He managed to keep it together. 

Once they reached the room, Bucky planned on flirting with Nat, curious to see how she would react to him. He walked behind her, slowly wrapping his arms behind her. "What are you doing?" She questioned him, as she felt heart beat faster. "Just something, I've been meaning to show you." He whispered, huskily  into her ear. Causing Nat to involuntarily shiver. Bucky smirked in response. "What does this have to do with wrapping yourself around me." She asked, defiantly. "You'll see." He said, softly. Bucky took a knife out of his pocket and placed it in Nat's hands. "I'm going to show you how to master the knife." He said, whispering in her ear again. Nat did her best not to feel pleasure from this  but her body betrayed her, causing Bucky to smile once again. It's working  and I haven't even started. Bucky thought to himself. 

He gently rubbed his hands down her arm, as he then held her hand holding the knife. Bucky could feel the butterflies fluttering in his stomach. He missed being this intimate with her. Oh, how he craved her. Nat was struggling to keep herself together as well. She took a sharp breath, has Bucky intertwined his fingers with hers. He then proceeded to show her some helpful tips regarding the useful weapon, although she was distracted by the close proximity of his body against her, that she found a hard time concentrating. He then spun her her around, so that she was chest to chest with him, both of their breathing became heavier. He pulled her closer, as if he could be any closer to her. He then moved his head closer to her lips, moving painfully slow. Nat, felt her her beat faster than it were did, it felt like it was about to explode. He was taking his own time, trying to kiss her. Becoming impatient, she then pulled his face lower towards her and kissed him. She kissed him hard, full of passion. She's been craving him as much as he was craving her. Bucky kissed her back, deeply. He put all his love and into this one kiss, showing her much he loved and needed her. In this moment, it was if he got his Nat back. Everything felt normal once again. 

When they both pulled away, breathless, the look of yearning were both evident in each others eyes. The hope of Nat regaining her memories vanished, as he noticed the look in her eyes were not the same as they were with his Nat. It was similar, but not quite the same. He did his best not to express his disappointment. He was just happy to see that Nat can still fall for him. When Nat looked up into the soldiers eyes, she noticed there was something off about him. His eyes didn't light up as much as she thought they would. She also noticed there was sorrow reflected in his eyes. It was the same type of look she saw when she first met him. He's lost someone he loved.  Nat thought to herself. She thought that she reminded him of her  and honestly, she didn't know how to feel about that. 

"Soldier, please be honest  to me. The friend you were talking about, wasn't your friend but someone you were in love with? "Nat asked nervouslt. y, afraid of his answer.  Bucky sighed, this is not how he wanted this to go. He had hoped he would be able to win her back without her finding out that something was off. He was just too obvious that he was in love with the old Nat. he nodded, unable to utter the three letter word.  She nodded, acknowledging his confession. This is not how she wanted it to be. Nat didn't want to be with someone who is still hung up over someone. Especially if they are still in love with them. There was something about him that she couldn't get past. She had the distinct need to protect him and make sure he is safe. She didn't know why she felt so strongly for this soldier. She has never felt this way about anyone before. 

Nat stepped closer to Bucky, she then cupped her hands on his face. "Whatever, you're going through, I'll be here to support you. If you're not over the person you loved, that's okay but I'll still be here, if you need me. I am not going anywhere. I'll be here to protect you." Nat professed, lovingly. Tears stung Bucky's eyes. He never knew how much he could love the same person, even though she wasn't exactly the same person. She was still his Nat, deep down. Bucky then took her face in his hands and kissed her gently. "Thank you. You have no idea, how much that means to me." He smiled. "I think I do, based on the fact you kissed me so gently right now." 

Ivan had instructed Bucky and Nat to meet him in the lab. He had a huge announcement to make. Bucky had an eerie feeling about this announcement. Whatever it was,  it wasn't good for The Avengers. Ivan was grinning, as Bucky and Nat walked in. " I will finally let you know about the my plan I have been working on for a while now. The first step of my plan has already been successful." He said, motioning to Bucky and Nat.  "The  second step is by far the most important step." Ivan continued. "We're going to need the Hulk's blood." Ivan grinned, proudly. Bucky tried to suppress his horror. He guessed what they were planning to do with Hulk's blood. "We are going to use Hulk's blood to enhance our two super soldiers here." Ivan said, triumphantly. Bucky's worst fear were confirmed. He never what chaos that would bring. He would never let that monster do anything to hurt Nat. He would make sure the both of them would get out of this place before any of that happens. 

"Soldiers. You have a  new mission to complete. I need you to break into the Avengers compound and obtain some of Hulk's blood." Ivan instructed the two soldiers. Bucky, suddenly feeling anxious, nodded compliantly. Nat nodded, understanding the missions objective. "Good. You will leave tomorrow morning." Ivan commanded, causing Bucky to widen his eyes in horror, accidentally revealing his emotions, which Ivan noticed. "Is everything alright, soldier?" Ivan asked, suspiciously. Bucky composed himself, acting as if nothing happened. "Yes, sir." Bucky spoke, emotionlessly. 

After receiving the new mission, The Winter Soldier was acting strange. He seemed a little on edge. Nat noticed. She noticed a lot of things about him. She wanted to talk to him about his worries but then thought that would be too odd. They don't usually talk about such personal things. Her focus was always on the mission. Just because she started catching feelings for the soldier doesn't mean she must become another person. She sighed, oh how she  just wanted to comfort him. She has never seen him so stressed before. Before she could go up to him and check up on him, Ivan caught her attention. "Miss Romanoff, I don't know what's going on with The Winter Soldier, I would like for you to keep an eye on him and report to me if you notice any suspicious behaviour." Ivan ordered. Nat nodded in compliance. The thing is, Nat already knew something was going with the Winter Soldier, but she was not going to admit that to Ivan. She would somehow find a way to protect the soldier. She wasn't going to let anyone hurt him, he's already in so much pain. She would do anything for the man she loves.