Chapter 11

Nat woke up with a shock, her heart pounding in her chest. She found herself in a dark and musty room. She tried to get up but she found out that her arms and legs were restrained against a wall. She tried repositioning herself to get a better look of the room she was trapped in. As she slowly moved,her whole body ached with pain. It was excruciating. Every part of her body was writhing in pain. What have they done to me?  Nat didn't know what to do. She was scared, all she wanted to go was find a way to escape but her body was useless at the moment. How did this even happen? 

As she thought about the whole situation, she realized she began feeling odd the night on the beach, after she had the wine. James was so worried about me that night. I just brushed it off. If only I had listened to him. Oh James, I miss you so much. Her heart ached to be with him again. She laid down, on the cold floor, completely exhausted. She closed her tests, trying to think of a way out of this nightmare. Why would Hydra capture her now. She was certain it was Hydra that captured her.

She sat then sat up suddenly, causing her groan in agony. This wasn't improvised. Hydra has been watching us for a while. That means our mission could be compromised. Nat panicked, if only there was a way to communicate with the others and let them know about the situation. She needed to find a way out of here fast.

She forced herself to get up slowly, as her body screamed in pain. It took every ounce of her strength not to cry out. She couldn't remember the last time she was in so much pain. She wasn't going to give up. She will do everything in her power to escape this hellhole. She needed to find her way to Bucky again. It was the only thought that kept her from going insane. 

She collapsed onto the floor after trying so hard to pick herself up. The chains were causing even more pain to her. Nat tried to search for something that could help her get out the chains. She then remembered she had a weapon with her, it was just hidden. Hopefully Hydra didn't find it. She turned the heel of her shoe to reveal a hidden compartment where she hid her pocket knife. Thank goodness no one found it. As she breathed a sigh of relief, as she began to cut the chains. Luckily for her, the chains were eroded enough to cut through it easily.

When she finally freed herself from the chains, she slowly tried to get up, even though it was painful. Now I can try and find a way to get out of here. As she began planning her escape, the door suddenly flew open, causing Nat to take a step back in surprise. "Miss Romanoff, I cannot say that I'm surprised that you escaped the chains. In fact, I was hoping that you would." The Hydra agent spoke. "Why the hell would you want that!" Nat spat. "All will be revealed soon." He said calmly. "But first...". The agent motioned to the henchmen to proceed.

Nat was exhausted but she wasn't going to give up. She tried to attack the henchman that came running towards her. Her body betrayed her as she was knocked off her feet. She bit her lip, to keep her from crying out. She got up again, this time successfully attacking the henchman. The henchman stumbled back. The second henchman tried to attack her but was no match for her, she easily knocked him out with a single punch.

The first henchman came running towards her again, this time using full force as she was tackled to the ground. It happened so fast, she didn't notice the second henchman stabbing her with an injection. She only felt the pain from it. "What the hell did you do to me?" Nat grunted in pain. "That's something I can't disclose with you." The agent smirked. Nat could feel herself losing consciousness. "Tell me, you psycho!" She shouted, just as darkness enveloped her.

***
Bucky was hyperventilating, he couldn't believe that Nat was taken. He cursed himself. He should've gone with her for her walk. He knew she wasn't feeling well. This is all my fault. I could have stopped this from happening. I knew something was wrong after dinner on the beach. He sighed, he was terrified. He didn't know where Nat was or what condition she was in. He wanted to find it as soon as possible. He needed to call Shield. They need to know that Nat's been taken by Hydra. Perhaps, they could locate her. He needs all the help he could get to bring Nat home safely. Nat, just hang in there. I know you can handle yourself.  I'll be coming for you soon. I promise. His hands were balled into fists with tension. He will find her.

Bucky called Nick and explained the situation to him. "Okay. The team is on their way. We will try and find any abandoned warehouses that Hydra might use. Call us if you find out anything." Nick directed. "Oh okay. Thanks Fury." Bucky said as he ended the call. At least the team will be here shortly. Oh Nat, I really hope you're okay. I need you to be strong because it's really hard for me to be strong for you. I just can't. It hurts being away from you.  I will make the people who did this to you wish that they were dead.

Bucky then started on research, finding any place where Nat could be held. He was so focused, he didn't notice the team arrive. Steve was the one who broke him out of his trance. "Hey Buck, how are you holding up?" Steve asked, with concern. "There's no need to ask me that, the most important thing we should be doing now is looking for Nat." Bucky said harshly.. "You're right. That's what we should be doing. Did you happen to find anything?" Steve asked, gently. "Do you think I would still be here if I did." Bucky snapped. "Buck, I think you need to take a break. You're not yourself. Just take some time to clear your head." Steve suggested.

When Bucky looked up at Steve, he was fuming. "Take a break! How the hell can I take a break when Nat is probably being tortured at this time. I cannot take a break until I find her. She is my first priority." Bucky roared. Then he sunk into the chair, and covered his face with his hands. His intense emotions took over him as he started bawling. Steve gently patted his back. "Don't worry Buck, we will get her back. I promise you." Steve reassured him.  Bucky didn't speak. He just sat there crying to himself.

The team were doing everything they could to locate Nat. They've tried every possible location but they kept reaching a dead end. Everyone was tense, they started feeling anxious that might not be able to find Nat in time. They didn't  share this information with Bucky. Bucky was still frantically searching for information, he was becoming agitated and snapped at anyone that tried to calm him down.

Steve and Tony were both watching Bucky with concern. "Tony, we need to do something about Bucky. He is losing his mind. He can't help Nat in this state. I already told him that but he wouldn't listen to me. Do you have any ideas?" "Shoot him with a tranquilliser?!" Tony suggested. Steve shot him a don't be ridiculous look. "Well, do you have any other ideas." Tony shot back. "Think about it. It's the best plan because it will be the only way for him to get some rest." Tony continued. Steve was silent for a moment, contemplating Tony's ridiculous idea.

All of a sudden, Bucky got up, grabbing some weapons and headed out the door. Steve hurrie after him. "Bucky, where are you going.?" Steve asked, as he caught up with him. "I'm going to find Nat. I have a hunch on where she might be." He spoke. "We can come with you. You going alone is dangerous. It could be a trap." Steve tried reasoning. "Listen, I know you want to help but it's my fault Nat is in this mess. I should have been more aware of what was going on. I knew something was up but I didn't do anything about it!." He said, aggressively. "Buck. I know you love Nat but you're not the only one that cares about her. We all do and we all want her back safely. This is why we should come with you." Steve said honestly.

"You're right. I'm acting reckless right now. If I continue acting like this, Nat could end up in a worse situation. I don't want to take any risks. Assemble the team. We will rescue Nat together." Bucky admitted. "Good decision, Buck. I'll go Assemble the team. We're going to get our Nat back." Steve said, optimistically. "Yeah, we will." Bucky agreed. We're coming for you Nat. All of us!