Chapter 7

Today the Avengers were going on their most important mission yet. Bruce and Nat had to go undercover as a couple. Something that Bucky was not very comfortable with.  "Why couldn't I be on this mission with Nat." Bucky demanded. "Things could get personal in this mission Agent Barnes. We don't want any distractions." Fury replied looking at him and Nat. Bucky knew he couldn't argue with Fury. "I understand." He sighed, giving up.

"No kissing, though." He added. "James, you have nothing to worry about. I'm all yours" Nat reassured him. "I can't help it Nat. I'm sorry." "It's okay babe. Actually, it's kinda hot when you're jealous." She winked at him. "Oh really now? Maybe I should be jealous more often then." Bucky said seductively. "Will you two stop flirting with each other and focus on the mission at hand!" Fury thundered. "Sorry sir!" They both apologized.

"As I was saying, we have an important mission, which might last a few days. Depends on how much information we gather." Fury announced. Bucky took in a deep breath. "We will be staking out a bar, that's usually when this particular Hydra agent makes his dealings." Fury discussed. "What do we know about this Hydra Agent?" Steve asked. "All we know is that they used to be under Rumlows command. They are seeking revenge. We think they are after the  super soldier serum." Fury said angrily. "We need to stop them before they get their hands on that serum." Fury commanded. "Yes sir." Everyone responded.

Once everyone was dismissed, Steven went over to talk to Bucky. "Buddy, you knowyou have nothing to worry about, right? Sure, Nat and Bruce had a thing in the past but she loves you now. That's all that matters." Steve reassured him. "I know. It's just that I keep thinking she's going to go back to him. I mean, he hasn't assassinated anybody. She really liked him before, what if she gets feelings for him again?. I know he still has feelings for her." He sighed, unhappily."Wow, I didn't realise you felt that way. Seriously though, I can promise you that Nat will not go back to Bruce. She is so in love with you. It's pretty obvious she does after that moment in the gym. You have nothing to worry about. You should go talk to Nat about it, if it's worrying you that much. I think it's important to talk about things like jealousy, otherwise it can really harm a relationship. I don't want to see your relationship with Nat fall apart, you guys are good together. I wish I could have a relationship like what you guys have. So buddy, go talk to Nat. " Steve patted Bucky's shoulder reassuringly as he walked away.

Steve is right, I should talk to Nat. I don't want to jeopardise my relationship with her because of my annoying jealousy. Bucky thought to himself. Right now he had to
focus on the mission, even though he knew it will be difficult for him to watch his girlfriend going undercover with her ex-boyfriend. He then realised he was being very insecure and selfish. He should be supporting Nat, not worrying whether she will get back together with her ex. He knew deep down that  she would never do something like that but dam his jealously and insecurity were strong.

Bucky found Nat in the weapons room, already organising the weapons she required for the mission. "James, I want you to know that nothing is going to happen between Bruce and I. I love you so much! I don't know how else I can convince. If you don't trust me,then we're going to have a problem." She said, calmy. "Oh, I think I've moved past my jealousy. I realised I was being selfish about my feelings when I didn't even consider yours. I'm sorry about that." He apologised . "Oh?" "I wanted to let you that I trust you more than anyone else I know. Don't tell Steve that. The one thing I should have done was be supportive. I hope you know that I do support you. For everything and anything that you do.I love you so much Nat. I don't want to ruin our relationship because of my petty feelings." He said, honestly.

"Can you forgive me for my childish behaviour." He asked, feeling ashamed. "Of course I forgive you James. I would have been surprised if you weren't jealous." She smirked, before kissing him softly. "Also, it's great that you admitted that. Not a lot of guys do that. I love that you're not like other guys." She said, kissing him again. "I'm glad you find my awkwardness very attractive." He chuckled nervously. " I find it adorable." She grinned, kissing his cheek. He blushed. She checked the time, "Sorry to cut our little rendezvous short but I have to leave now. I'll be back later this evening. Bye babe." She said quickly, giving him one last kiss. "Bye, and stay safe!" He said, as she was walking out. "Always am!" She called out before disappearing.

It wasn't long until Nat and Bruce arrived at the destination for their mission. Bucky was there in comms, listening to everything that was going on. He managed to tame his jealousy but it wasn't completely gone. The most important thing was to focus on the mission on hand. They need to catch Rumlow's second in command.If he is just as ruthless as Rumlow, then we're in trouble. Bucky remembered Rumlow, he was always present when Pierce brainwashed him,he could remember Rumlow's psychotic laugh as Pierce tortured Bucky for information.

Bucky tried to shake off that memory. He hated thinking about his past life as the cold and unmerciful weapon for Hydra. He wished he could forget all the horrors that he partook in. Sometimes the memories would become too much, he didn't think he could live another day. At least he has Nat. She was always there to comfort him and remind him that he isn't that person anymore and Hydra can no longer control him.

For about half an hour, nothing was happening. The bar continued to get busy, but there was still no sign of Rumlow's second hand man. Nat and Bruce started to get a little anxious. "Are you sure this was the right place?" Nat asked? "Yeah,this is the only place that showed any indcation of activity from Hydra." Fury replied. "Maybe he isn't coming in today?" Bruce suggested. "He always shows up on the day." Fury informed them.

Nat then picked up on a conversation two tables in front of them. "You know we can't act now, it's too risky. The boss will kill us." Said a man, who looked to be in his late forties. "All she wants is revenge. She doesn't see the picture. We could be rich." Said another man. "Don't dishour the boss Greg, she lost her husband, what else do you expect." The first man said. Nat had  a startling realisation. Rumlow's second hand man wasn't a man. It was his wife.

"Fred, I got a text from the boss, she said she's not coming to day." "Why's that?" Fred asked. "She said there's people spying on us." "Who" "The two people sitting two seats behind. The Hydra agents the looked behind them to see a startled Bruce and Nat. The two men, reached towards their weapons. Nat and Bruce reached for theirs.