Chapter 10

Bucky and Nat arrived at the beautiful sandy beach of sea girt. They were both in awe as they walked along the quiet beach. "I'm so glad you chose this place, James. It's so beautiful. " Nat said to Bucky, holding his hand.  "I just wanted us to relax and enjoy ourselves. These next few days we won't do anything but laze around." He grinned. 'It is starting to sound enticing." Nat smiled at him.  "Let's get settled into our room, then we can come back here in the evening. "Wait, what's happening in the evening?" Nat asked, curiously. "You'll see." He smiled, knowingly. Nat looked at him suspiciously. She knew he planned something. She couldn't help but smile at the thought.

In the evening , the two of them were walking on the beach, hand in hand. They enjoyed watching the sunset, in awe of its beauty. "So when are you going to tell me about the surprise you had planned?" Nat asked, curiously wanting to know what Bucky had planned. Bucky smiled. "Look ahead of you and you will see." "Nat followed his instruction. A few meters ahead of them, a table was set up with a candlelit dinner.  There were also rose petals, in the shape of a heart, decorated around the table. Nat was at a loss for words, she could only stare at the beautiful sight in front of her.

"James, this is the most thoughtful and most romantic thing that anyone has done for me. It is absolutely breathtaking. I love you so much! I love how much thought you put into this." Nat's face lit up with happiness. "I am so glad you love it. I really wanted the next few days to be perfect. I thought this was a start." He grinned, pleased with Nat's reaction. "Wait, this is just the start?" she asked, looking up at him with surprise. He nodded.  She then wrapped her hands around his neck and pulled him down for a sweet and passionate kiss. "You really are incredible, you know that?"  she asked, breaking away from the kiss. "I try." He laughed, making Nat laugh too.

"Having dinner on the beach, is something else. It is just so calming and relaxing." Nat sighed happily. "I'm just glad I get to spend this special moment with you." Bucky smiled, reaching for Nat's hand across the table. Nat smiled, as she lifted his hand to her lips. Bucky smiled.  For dinner, they both had steak and a glass of red wine. They didn't much talking as they were too busy savouring their meal. "James, thank you so much for this amazing evening. The meal has been incredible but most importantly you have been the most wonderful, caring and sweet boyfriend. I love you so much." Nat said,lovingly. "I don't want to ruin the moment but I'm sure you mentioned that earlier." He teased. "I know I'm repeating myself but I just can't stop reminding you that." She said, defensively. Bucky just grinned at her. "I love you so much too." He smiled.

After supper, they just sat down on the sand, just taking in the beautiful scenery around them. "I really could get used to this." Nat mentioned. "Yeah, this view is amazing." Bucky agreed. "I meant not going on missions all the time. Just living a quiet life." Nat said thoughtfully. "Are you thinking about retiring soon?" Bucky asked in surprise. "Maybe in a year or two. I just want to take a break and live a normal civilian life you know. I would want to settle down and have a family. Just the simple things." Nat explained, honestly. Bucky turned to look at her. "If that's what you really want, we can do that. I will be here to support you with any decision you make." He said sincerely, taking in Nat's hands. "Thank you, James. I really appreciate that. You don't have to retire when I do. you really love the action and adrenaline of missions. I don't want to stop you from doing what you love. " Nat said, feeling guilty. "I love you more than any mission. I'm at my happiest when I'm with you." He said endearingly. "James, you always say the right words." Nat smiled, pecking Bucky's lips.  "Only for you." He continued saying romantic things.

"Let's head back to our room, I'll order us some tea before we go to bed." Bucky offered. Nat sighed happily. "I honestly don't know what I did to deserve you." Nat smiled, as she helped Bucky get up.  As they were walking back, Nat started swaying a little. Luckily, she was holding onto Bucky. "Nat, are you feeling okay?" Bucky asked with concern. "Yeah, I guess I'm just feeling a little tipsy from drinking the wine." Nat said dismissively. "Hmm, okay. If you're still feeling  like this later just let me know, okay?" Bucky said nervously. "Yes, doctor." Nat teased. "I'm serious, Nat." He said, worriedly. "I know, that's why I'm teasing you. It's nothing serious though. You don't need to stress too much okay. I'm fine." Nat reassured him.

Bucky was not convinced, he had an eery feeling about the situation. He decided to brush it off for now. They sat in bed, drinking tea while watching a few episodes of Friends. They were both laughing so much they started crying. "Friends is a the best comedy show ever." Nat said, in between laughs. "Yeah, it is" Bucky said in agreement. "Okay, I'm so exhausted. I think it's time for me to go to bed." Bucky said, trying to stifle a yawn. "Yeah, I think you should. You look like you're about to pass out." Nat said, ruffling his hair.  "You going to bed as well?" Bucky asked. "Not yet, I'm not tired. That nap really energised me. I'm going to go for walk." Nat said, as she got out of bed.      "Okay, come back soon." Bucky said sleepily. " I will, don't worry." She said, as she kissed his head. "You just go to sleep. You need it." She smiled, as his eyes were already closing.

Nat put on her shoes and headed off into the cool evening.  The sky was crystal clear, with only the stars twinkling brightly. As Nat continued her walk, she suddenly felt dizzy, feeling her head spin. She tried to continue walking but kept swaying helplessly. Her vision became blurry, her heart started pounding. She could feel herself losing consciousness. "James..." She called out Bucky's name before passing out.

Bucky woke up around 1am, he was surprised to to find that Nat was next to him.  He sat up immediately, something was not right. She should have been back long ago. He jumped out of bed, rushing to go and find Nat,. He checked her nightstand to see if she had taken her phone with her. Unfortunately, he found her phone in her bag that she left behind. He was about leave when he found something suspicious in Nat's mug. The mug, which she had drank the tea. There was some blue a substance that was at the bottom of the mug. He then took a look at his mug, his mug was clean.  It hit him, Nat was poisoned twice.  The wine must have been poisoned as well. Someone must have poisoned her tea because the wine didn't work. Bucky's heart started racing.

He then bolted out of the room, hoping to find Nat as quickly as he could. He ran around the whole resort but was unable to find. He bombarded staff members, asking if they had seen her, walking around a few hours ago. He began panicking, his heart beating faster, he was struggling to breathe. He started to feel dizzy. Bucky was having a panic attack. "What if I can't find her, what if it's too late." He started crying, the tears pouring down his face.

There was a woman walking past him and asked if he was okay. At first, he couldn't say anything, he couldn't find the words to speak. He eventually calmed down. "I can't find my girlfriend. I'm worried something might have happened to her." He managed to  "That's strange, I thought you  found her earlier. I think she passed out or something, I was going to call security but then I saw someone picked her up. I assumed it was her boyfriend who found her. " The woman explained. Bucky was frozen in terror. Someone had taken Nat. It must be Hydra.

Authors Note:
Hey everyone, I'm so sorry for updating so late and that it's a short chapter. I wanted to get straight into the action in this chapter and I didn't want to ramble on just to make it 2000 words. I really hope you enjoy this long awaited chapter. I really enjoyed coming up with this chapter, even though I had writers block whilst writing this chapter. I'm just glad inspiration hit me! This is for you! Enjoy 😁