Chapter 12

Nat awakened to the sound of people talking. For some reason she couldn't move. She looked down to find out that she was strapped to a metal table, with an IV bag connected to her. The most terrifying thing was it was not saline that was contained in the bag. It was something much more deadlier. Something that chilled her to the bone because she knew the reason why they had given it to her. The fluid that was currently flowing through her bloodstream was the super soldier serum. She knew what the next stage was. Bucky was the one who endured the same torture for so many years. She was going to be brainwashed into becoming Hydra's new Winter Soldier. Her hands started trembling with anxiety and terror. She needed to get out of here before Hydra could finish what they started. Everywhere she looked she was trapped. The facility was heavily guarded by Hydra agents, not to mention the psycho that experimented on her. She had already been made a weapon before. She did not plan on becoming someone else's weapon again. She will fight until her dying breath. No one can take control of her! No one!

"Ah, Miss Romanoff. I see that you are finally awake to see our magnificent work. We have been keeping a close eye on you Miss Romanoff. We knew you would be the perfect test subject." The man explained. "I am no one's test subject!" Nat said venomously. "I'm afraid, you have no say in the matter. You already belong to us, my dear." He grinned maliciously. She spat in his face. "That is not very ladylike." The man said with disgust as he wiped his face. "You'll soon see how unladylike I can be." She gritted.  "Oh, we're counting on it. " The man laughed. Nat fell back down on the cold table, frustrated with the circumstances. She knew it was pointless trying to break free. The only way that she could do that was if someone untied her for a second. A second was all she needed to fight back. She wasn't even sure she would even have such an opportunity. For the first time, Nat felt hopeless, something she never thought she would feel ever again. This whole situation turned out to be worse than she thought.

***
Bucky was getting anxious, he was worried that Hydra already hurt Nat. He felt like he was too late. He hated himself for not finding out where she was sooner. He sighed heavily. Steve placed a hand on his shoulder. "She'll be okay Buck. It's Nat. She is one of the toughest and bravest people I know. ""I'm scared that they already did something terrible and that I couldn't save her in time." Bucky said, tearing up. "Buck, I know you're thinking that if you went without the team you would have made it in time to rescue her but you know that you would've been captured. You've been acting reckless, that's not going to help Nat. You wouldn't have been able to do it alone. We will rescue her together." Steve reassured Bucky. Bucky just nodded, as he cried silently.

Steve got up and walked away, giving Bucky some privacy. He went and sat next to Tony, who was flying the quinjet. "How is he holding up?" Tony asked. "As you would expect. Not great. He keeps blaming himself for what happened and that he thinks he is too late to rescue her." Steve explained. "Did you give him one of your great Captain America pep talks?" Tony smirked. Steve snorted. "I did, but it didn't seem to work." Steve said, feeling disappointed. "Don't worry, he will come around. Once we find Nat, he will be okay." Tony said. "I'm not so sure about that." Steve said softly, turning to look at a distraught Bucky.

Bucky was trembling with anxiety, he just wanted to jump out of the plane and look for her himself. He couldn't wait anymore. It was hard just sitting and waiting. He groaned in frustration. He expected Steve to come over and give him another one of his pep talks. To Bucky's relief, he didn't. He was not in the mood. No one could make him feel better about the situation.

***
Nat didn't know when she fell asleep but when she woke up she found herself strapped to a chair and her arms were constricted to a metal clasp,she was basically paralysed. She didn't even try to attempt to escape, it would be pointless. She knew what was about to happen, there was no point in denying it. The strangest thing about this whole situation was that she was calm now. She knows Bucky will find her, Bucky was her light. That was she needed to keep herself from going insane.Whatever happens, Bucky will bring her back. Their love was powerful, nothing could keep them apart. Nat sighed, contentedly. She will be okay. She had hope and love, that was more than enough for her at the moment.