Chapter 18

Warning: This chapter contains a few scenes that get a little PG 13. 

Nat was pacing around the room, feeling anxious from what was about to happen. "James, I don't think I can do this now. I just can't. I'm not ready to find out if Hydra can still control me. I just came back. I'm scared they will take control of me again." Nat confessed. Bucky got out bed, stumbling slightly, as he pulled Nat into his arms. " It's okay. We don't have to do it now or we don't have to do it all, if that is what you want. I just want you yo be safe." He said, soothingly as he kissed the top of Nat's forehead. Nat relaxed into his arms. "How did I get so lucky?" She sighed happily, as she laid her head on his muscular chest. "I'm the one who should be asking that." He smiled, laying his head on top of her head. "How are you feeling? Are you still in pain? Nat asked, gently running her hands through his hair. "I'm feeling so much better. Thanks to you." He smiled. "What did I do?" Nat asked, knowing she didn't do much. "Just being here with me. Seeing your face when I woke up yesterday made me feel so much better. I'm happy to have my Nat back.

"You're a hopeless romantic aren't you?" She smiled, fondly as she snuggled closer to his chest. "Only for you." He said, holding her tighter. A sound of someone coughing separated the two them. "Sorry to break up the special moment but we need to talk to Bucky alone." Tony announced, not ashamed of interrupting his two friends. "Why do you need to talk to him alone?" Nat asked, curiously. "It has to do with the mission. He knows everything that happened while under cover. Also, we don't know if we could fully trust you yet. Hydra could still have their control over you." Tony explained, a bit too honestly. "Wow, is that what everyone thinks now? I'm a threat to the team? I cannot be trusted. Thanks for having my back."Nat said, furiously as she stormed out of the room. "I can see that she took it well." Hawkeye said awkwardly. Bucky just glared icily at the two of them before going after Nat.

He found her on the stairwell, her head in her hands. "Nat, are you okay? Those two can be complete idiots sometimes." Bucky asked, as he rolled his eyes at his two friends. "No. I'm not okay. I wish that I could say that I am but I'm not. I'm scared. I'm scared that Hydra still has control over me and I can't do anything about it. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't even trust myself." Nat said, her body trembling as the tears started running down her face. Bucky sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around her."You're going to be okay. I promise you. I will make sure we figure how to get Hydra out of your head. A lot sooner than it took for. I know what you're going through. I want to let you know that you're not alone. I'm right here. I've got you." He whispered, as he kissed the top of her head. She laid her head against his chest, feeling comforted by his warmth, "Thank you, James." Nat said softly, feeling safe with him. He is the only person that could make her feel at home and at peace. The only one that could ease her pain. She was truly grateful for him. "I love you so much." Nat said, lovingly, as she pressed her lips to his heart. "I love you too." Bucky said, smiling contentedly.

"Do you want to go back inside or do you want to get out of here." He asked, soothingly. "Let's get out of here." Nat said, with her eyes still closed.That was all he needed to hear before he helped her up on her feet. "I'll just text Steve to let him know we will be heading out." He informed her. She nodded in acknowledgment. "I have the perfect place to go." He smiled, the kind of smile that didn't fully reach his eyes. It hurt him to see Nat struggling like this. It made his heart ache. He wished he could take away her pain immediately. He felt so helpless right now. Taking her to this one place, he prayed it could help her in some way.

Half an hour later he stopped in from of an abandoned gym. They stayed in the car for a few minutes. "So I used to come here often to let out some steam. It helped me out a lot when I thought was going through a rough time dealing with everything that happened, you know. I just hope this place could help you out a little in the same way it helped me." Bucky said, looking down. He didn't want her to see his vulnerability at the moment. He needed to be there for her. She leaned towards him and ran her hair through his hair." I know. I'm sure this place will help me." She reassured him. "I love you so much." She smiled at him, lovingly. "I love you so much too." He smiled back, leaning over to kiss her softly. "Hmm.That's nice. Do it again." Nat said, feeling intoxicated by him. "If we keep this up, we will wouldn't even step inside the gym." He teased, kissing her once again. "I'm okay with that." She smiled, mischievously. 'Someone's feeling a little naughty." He teased, raising his eyebrows suggestively. "I am. What are you going to do about it?" She teased, moving away from his lips and down to his neck. He shivered with pleasure. "Nothing." He said, while letting out a loud moan in frustration. She suddenly stopped, causing him to groan in frustration.