Chapter 19

"Your words are so beautiful it will be hard for me to love anyone else."

**

The airport was buzzing. People rushing around to get to their terminals and flights on time, dragging heavy suitcases and crying children with them. Teenagers sulk behind their parents with loud music blaring through their headphones. I have always loved airports for some weird reason, I think I get it from my mom. She loves watching aeroplanes.

"So you won't be coming home?" Dad asks me over the phone. We were waiting to board our flight to Australia.

"Yeah, I decided to stay on the tour. You know how hard it is for me to leave something incomplete." I reply, sipping my coffee. I didn't want to lie to my father but I couldn't think of a better reason to give him. My mother was expecting me home this month, she will surely be furious when she hears.

"If you are happy where you are, then we are too, love. I'm glad that you're getting to go to all these places that you have always wanted to visit." I could feel the smile in his voice. I got my wanderlust from my Dad. He was always up for travelling to new places.

"Thanks, Dad. I guess I'll see you soon then."

"Of course honey. Send me a postcard from Australia or something okay?" He laughs and we say our goodbyes. Montana is fidgeting nervously next to me, worrying over Calum meeting her parents for the first time, I put a comforting arm around her and she cuddles closer to me.

This was the first time I was going to Australia so I was more excited than ever. The band had left Manila last night so that they could sneak out without the fans knowing and the rest of us were flying out today. The ARIAs were in two days.

After my little talk with Addy the other day I had called Lilian and she too had been shocked at my response but had agreed to renew my agreement. It made me question myself for a minute. Do I actually want to keep doing this? I don't really want to go back home and be alone so I guess this was the next best move I could make. It was far, far away from my therapists too.

I hope I don't regret this later, the only person that would give me a reason to regret this would be Luke. I'm trying everything I possibly can to keep my mind off of him. I even agreed to go on a couple of dates with Ross but I felt bad about it later on. I loved spending time with him but as much as I like Ross and find him attractive, I couldn't see myself with him that way. He was a gentleman and cared about me a great deal but I knew deep down I wasn't the one for him and I think he knew that too. We enjoy each other's company, just like good friends do.

---

Luke's Point of View

"Luke for god sake we are trying to get through this damn practice! Can you not zone out for ten minutes?" Ashton chastises me, bringing me back from my daze.

"Sorry. Where are we again?" I groan as Calum shakes his head and starts the song all over again.

Sierra, she is filling up my head. I can't get her out. I want to crush my skull in with a metal pole. Her smile and her eyes are the only things I can think of now. I hate her, but I don't hate her. She came into my life and my thoughts so suddenly I didn't see it coming and now I can't keep her out.

"So you boys will do two songs. One from your old album and one from your new one." Sammy confirms with us and we all nod. The ARIAs were tomorrow. Sound crews were running around setting up around the stage. No matter how many times we play these shows in Australia, it will always be nerve wracking. Getting up on stage in your own country felt different compared to others for some reason.