Chapter 44

"I'm just gonna tie this bandana around your eyes and we can go in." I turn Michael around and tie the bandana over his eyes, making sure he can't see anything.

I jump around in front of him for good measure and wave my arms to make sure he can't see.

"Are you going to push me in the pool?" He asks nervously.

"No. We're in front of my room dummy. I don't have a pool in there." I chuckle and knock on the door.

Please be ready

"Are you going to drown me in the bath?" He asks smugly.

"No."

"Throw me out the window?"

"No, Michael! I don't hate you that much." I laugh as Montana swings the door open. She comes forward with a grin to wish him but I signal at her to be quiet and she clamps a hand over her mouth.

"Okay so walk in slowly and watch your step," I drag him behind me by the hand. The room is full to the brim with people. The band, crew and a few people from management and a couple of fans they picked off the street.

They are all pressed against the corners of the room so no one bumps against Michael and everyone is deadly quiet, no one says a word that you could hear a pin drop if it did. I see the band seated on the bed in a row, little party hats on their head and holding confetti boosters like little children, I clamp my other hand over my mouth so I don't laugh out loud.

Luke opens his mouth to say something when he sees me, forgetting that he's supposed to be quiet but Ashton quickly clamps his hand over Luke's mouth. 

"What is going on? I smell... I smell Luke. Is Luke in here? Luke! What is happening? Oh, fuck." Michael swears as I hand him a stick.

"No, Luke isn't in here. It's just me. There is a piñata hanging from the roof. I want you to try and hit it okay?" I turn him around a couple of times and let go.

"Is it Luke? Are you trying to make me kill my best friend on my birthday?" He asks nervously and the whole room tenses with quiet laughter. Everyone has their mouths covered with their hands.

"Okay go at it," I tell Michael and he starts swinging at the white unicorn piñata hanging from the roof. He makes contact with the object but it doesn't break so he swings again, dangerously close to Montana's head.

Calum yelps a little and Michael stops swinging for a second at the sound. "Keep going," I encourage him and he swings again with a shrug, cussing under his breath.

This time, the pole goes right through and Michael is standing directly underneath the piñata. The side breaks open and drips rainbow coloured cake batter onto him.

The room erupts with noise as everyone shouts a Happy Birthday and howls with laughter at the sight. I clutch at my stomach and bend over, unable to contain my laughter when Michael slowly pulls off his blindfold and looks around the room in shock.

"I knew something bad was about to happen." He says through a mouthful of coloured cake batter.

He wipes at his eyes with a grin and the band forms a circle around him, careful not to slip on the cake batter all over the floor. They pop the confetti and the flash of cameras go off around the room. This was exactly what I had in mind. All the colour. It was such a vivid mess right now it made my head spin with joy.

Michael looks up at the half dead unicorn hanging from the roof and pout's a little "Poor girl," he reaches up to pat the thing.

A soft kiss lands on my shoulder and I lean back a little, knowing who it is. "We got in late last night and I didn't want to wake you," Luke says in my ear and I nod with understanding.