Chapter 66

"It's simple, I want to dive deep inside of your universe, I want to understand the way your mind works, even if you were never sure in the first place. I want to make you laugh to the point where you'll never have trouble remembering the last time you did. I want to know what makes your heart beat out of your chest, and why you no longer enjoy sunsets the way you used to. I want to know what makes you tick, what makes you melt, what makes you stay. I can't imagine being a part of a world that doesn't align with yours.
- Connotativewords | jl | I want to learn you from the inside out.

**

Four Months Later

I fluff the white dress, smoothing my hands lightly down the shimmering material of the billowing skirt that is attached to the corset decorated with delicate rhinestones around the waist.

"You look beautiful, darling," I say, blinking away tears as Addy does a little twirl in front of the mirror in her wedding gown.

"You did this all for me." She gushes, pulling me into a hug. We have tried this dress on her a hundred times, making modifications and yet it was still overwhelming to look at right at this moment.

Montana yelps from next to us. "Watch the hair!" She chastises Addy lightly, puffing air out of her mouth. She had spent quite awhile pulling all of Addy's blonde layers of hair into a beautiful bridal updo that would put any other hair stylist to shame.

It was Addy's wedding day, and she was marrying the love of her life. Ashton, who decided that they had no reason to wait any longer, and after everything that has happened, he wanted to have his own family no matter how soon it might seem. So here we are.

Adelaide's dress took a month on the dot for me to design and make with the help of a few colleagues. The white material glints under the sunlight, the sheer embellished sleeves of the dress going just below her elbows and decorated with vines and flowers I stayed up all night stitching on. It was all worth it, seeing the smile on my best friends face.

"To have you two here getting me ready for the most important day of my life and not a bunch of obnoxious people, is the most precious moment of all this, really." Addy's eyes glint with tears as she pulls Montana and I close, we cuddle into her in our lace mint green bridesmaids dresses that were gifted to us by Elie Saab himself, etching this moment into our memories for the rest of our lives.

There is a clearing of a throat and we all turn our heads towards the doorway. "It's almost time my dear." The wedding planner smiles from the doorway, clutching a walkie-talkie in her hand. The planner seems to be in a hurry like always but seeing Addy in her dress melted anyone's heart.

"We will be right there." I quickly say and Montana rushes away to get our bouquets and the third bridesmaid who has disappeared somewhere. I quickly dig through my bag for the three things I have been saving till this moment.

I turn to Addy and she looks down at my palms curiously. "Something old and blue," I hand her a little blue butterfly clip of mine that she used to put in my hair when we were children. "Something new, something borrowed." I place the blue sapphire necklace I bought and a ring a lady at one of Addy's favourite old thrift stores gave me when I told her I was looking for something "borrowed."

"You took your maid of honour duties very seriously." Addy sniffles. "Of course." I hum, satisfied.

"It's time to go ladies." The planner appears again and Montana hands us the bouquets. We walk out of the room and into an elevator, holding the trail of Addy's dress up as we scurry along.

The lift opens into the lobby overlooking the massive gardens outside. Addy decided she wanted a summer themed wedding outdoors and now from here, I can see all the guests seated on the wooden white chairs on either side of the long aisle decorated with white petals. There is a cluster of people waiting by the doors. Everything has been planned immaculately and for once in two months, I feel a bit calm.