Chapter 45

We haven't saved each other yet, we're not done falling apart.
- m.razon

**

The neon lights blink over and around us to the pulse of the music. The DJ at the station is one of the highest paid ones in the country I've been told, the kind of DJ's who can make your heart pound to the beat of the song. Bodies are moving and grinding throughout the club, the smell of sweat and alcohol thick in the air.

Luke has a firm hold on my hand so he doesn't lose me in the crowd. The limo ride couldn't have been more awkward as Addy kept shooting daggers at us with her eyes the whole way here and I had to squeeze Luke's hand every time he opened his mouth to tell her off.

We make our way into the VIP area of the club which is on a raised dais that overlooks the entire area. Luke plops down on the plush red couch, pulling me down next to him. I squeal a little when my dress slides up my legs at the movement and quickly tug it down a little.

"Are you two gonna feel each other up?" Michael asks with a snort, sitting down next to me.

"—because then you could have stayed back at the hotel." He continues with a smirk.

"Really? You should have told us that before." Luke says sarcastically and I give him a look that makes him quiet immediately.

Ashton and Calum come towards us and start to force Luke and Michael off the couch, pushing them towards the bar and a group of men. Luke starts complaining, reaching his hand out towards me but Ashton pulls him away.

I laugh and wave at him as I stand up and walk towards Montana who is already giving in to the beat of the music at the other end of the long bar.

"What was that with Calum at the hotel? What aren't you telling me?" I shout close to her ear so she can hear me through the loud music.

"Nothing." She mouths with a shrug and motions for me to drink when the bartender serves us.

"I'm not drinking," I tell her but she looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Drunk Sierra is the best Sierra. No way am I missing that." She claims. I look over at the band but they're deep in conversation with the men in suits, most probably management as they all look about sixty years old.

"For the hell of three months, we've had." Montana lifts up her glass, urging me to do the same.

I look over at Luke again, wondering if I should really drink. I see him laughing at something the older man is saying, his eyes shining and suddenly, I feel the need of alcohol to burn down my throat.

Three months. It's been three months.

Montana counts to three with a smirk and we chug down our drinks. Another round arrives and I call it this time.

"For Michael," I say and we throw our heads back, draining the glass. I feel as though everyone is staring at us but I close my eyes and the vodka burns down my throat.

"One more please." I signal at the bartender and he nods with amusement.

"For our best-friend who is currently glaring us the fuck down." Montana looks over her shoulder a little and whisper-shouts with a giggle, the alcohol already kicking into her system.

We throw it back one more time, I feel like laughing out loud and storming through the crowd to Luke and wrapping my limbs around him like a child but Montana grabs my hand, getting my attention back.