Chapter 20

"& all I know is that I am always better wherever you are and belonging is so much more becoming of who I am. "
- RA Ramos

**

Our limos pull up at the red carpet for the ARIAs and fans start screaming as soon as they see Luke get out. He had not seen me yet and I was excited to see his reaction when he did. This was crazy. 

Addy and Montana were in the limo with them and I was in the other one with Ross, Mackenzie and the rest of R5. We wait for the band to get down and for their limo to drive away before we do. I wanted to catch up to Addy and Montana but they are with the boys and were quickly engulfed by paparazzi the second they got down. Our limo pulls up at the front and one by one we get out too.

Even though my dress was comfortable I was already sweating a little in it. I had kept my makeup to a minimum and it was all nude tones so that it contrasted with the blue of my dress. It was a short lace sleeveless dress with a high neck and it had a dark ribbon tied around the waist. The hem of the dress reached just above my knees and had a transparent lace running around it too. The dress was simple and elegant, and I loved it. It was probably the simplest I've ever dressed up for an event like this.

Addy had suggested that I just leave my hair open so I did and curled the ends of it. The black heels she had given me really did go well with this dress but it was a bit too high and I had to nervously watch where I was going so that I wouldn't fall. 

Ross gets down and extends his arm into the car to help me out, I take his hand and slowly step out, careful not to place my leg on higher ground and trip. This felt like that day we had gone to the gala a month ago.

A month ago. Wow.

"You look stunning, as always." He whispers into my ear with a smile. He was in a leather jacket and skinny jeans. I didn't understand award show attires worked sometimes, some people go all out while others decide its just another day.

"Thank you," I smile at him.

Ross takes my hand and we walk towards the red carpet and some of the paparazzi notice R5 walking up. Flashes start to go off everywhere and the fans start to scream even louder if that was possible.

I look up and the flashes blind me almost immediately, I will never get used to this.

Groaning internally I look around the red carpet trying to spot Addy and Montana but I see Luke instead, they were doing an interview. He looks my way but looks away again like he didn't see me. A second later, his head whips back towards me again and I see realization cross his face. His gaze runs down my body and then back up to my face. 

He stares at me with a kind of intensity in his blue eyes that I couldn't describe for the life of me. His lips are slightly parted and he's chewing on the inside of his mouth, the lip ring catching the flash of the cameras and I feel my entire body flush under his scrutiny. The interviewer asks him something and I see him snap at her, turning his head back to me.

Don't be rude. I warn with my eyes, hoping that he got the message.

Ross stops in front of a man who I'm guessing is an interviewer and his arm slides around my waist. Luke's gaze snaps away from my face and falls on Ross and I can see the anger taking over his features when Luke sees his arm around me. I wanted to push Ross off of me but I didn't want to cause a scene in the middle of a red carpet with cameras everywhere. It wouldn't be good for him so I stand there, paralyzed as I watch Luke fume from a few feet away. He starts to walk towards us but Michael grabs his arm and turns him in the other direction quickly, noticing what was going on. Michael winks at me over his shoulder and pushes Luke lightly but with force, I can tell, into the building and away from me.