Chapter 57

The roars of the crowd just outside the thin walls of the tent sends shivers down my spine. I put my hand on the fabric and feel it shake with the vibration of the crowd.

A group of roadies makes their way towards me and I start walking again in the direction I was headed before I got distracted.

Dressing rooms. Right.

After the whole almost burning my kitchen down shenanigans this morning, the band left early to get some press done before the big show tonight. I lift the strap of my bag higher up my shoulder as I look from left to right, trying to figure out where the boys dressing room is. I decide on the left as there is crew buzzing around and cameras flashing on the right which meant the stage was that way.

I try not to get too excited about the date with Luke tonight as I pull my hair back from my neck and tie it up in a ponytail. If I think about it too much, I'll become a nervous wreck before it even happens and we can't have that tonight.

A door to my right opens and a guy steps out, laughing as someone in the room throws a wadded up paper cup at him and he shields himself quickly by closing the door. I take a step back so he doesn't crash right into me as he looks in my direction.

"Sierra?" Ross frowns, the smile on his face gone.

I haven't seen him since Luke beat him to a pulp in Australia. "Hey," I greet awkwardly at him and squeeze the straps of my bag tightly.

Of course, I walk into this situation. Dammit.

Ross stares at me, running a hand through his hair. "Your hair's gotten longer." I fidget.

"Yeah, I grew it out. Look, Sierra, I never apologised for what I did that day. I'm sorry." He looks down at his feet, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I really didn't mean any of that to happen and I really didn't mean any of those things I said to you. I was just being a jealous prick." He looks back at me.

I take a few steps towards him. "I forgive you." I pat him on the arm and he pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you." He whispers and let's go of me.

A door a couple of feet away opens and Montana pops her head out. "Sierra! There you are! Get in here!" She shouts and waves at Ross, disappearing back into the room.

"Have a good show." I wish Ross and step around him.

"It was good seeing you again." He waves.

"You too."

---

Shaking the can of hairspray that is larger than my own head, I spritz Luke's hair while he stares at me through the mirror like he always does.

"You're beautiful." He says with a smile and I scoff. "You're the beautiful one today, I made sure of it."

"I really love this jacket. Thank you." Luke stands up, kissing me hard on the lips.

"My pleasure sir." I pull away from him and give him a once over. I bleached and sprayed a leather jacket over and over with different dark colours for a couple of weeks to get an ombré effect to it. I really had no idea what I was doing until it came out the way it did and I have to say I'm proud of it and the guy wearing it. Things usually work out that way for me, I do things without a plan, following my instinct and fifty percent of the time if the universe feels at peace with me, I will get a good outcome instead of a disastrous one.

"Are you ready for tonight?" He asks, pulling me close by the waist again.

"Sort of. I have no idea what you're doing so..." I trace my finger just under his ear and down his neck because I know it drives him crazy.