Chapter 9

"Do you have everything packed?" Montana asks, dumping our lunch cartons on the trash can under the kitchen sink. 

"Yeah...But uh, I can't close the suitcase." I bite on my bottom lip, raising my hands to my face when she bursts out laughing, slapping the kitchen counter with her hands. "Oh gosh, my dear, you are adorable. How much did you actually pack?" she wipes at her eyes, giggling. 

"Ugh, just come on and help me close it," I mutter, walking towards my room. It was Thursday and we were flying to Los Angeles tomorrow before heading to Brazil from there a day later. I would have been excited but I just felt a massive amount of responsibility and nothing else.

We ended up having a silent but fun birthday party for my brother. He loved being the center of attention and was showered with presents. He went home happy and that was enough for me so I came back home to a silent house after running errands and started with the packing. I made a good effort at cleaning up my place too, trying to avoid Luke from my thoughts as much as possible.

"Earth to Sierra! Did you seriously pack your entire closet?!" Montana asks me, her eyes widened as she stares as the overflowing suitcase at the foot of my bed. 

"No! Okay, maybe half of it." I confess, rubbing my temples. There was this agitation in my body that I couldn't get rid of, my muscles were always tensed. 

"You don't need all these clothes!"

"I do too! We're going away for a month!" 

She shakes her head at me. "Haven't you heard of shopping? We're traveling, Sierra! After the first week here we're going to Asia. Can't you imagine all the shopping we will get to do there?"

Why hadn't I thought of that? The last time I was in Asia, it was when I was twelve.

"You're smart," I smile.

"I know. Where would you be without me?" she flips her hair over her shoulder, "Unload this crap right now!"

"Later, I'll do it later." I drop onto my bed filled with bundles of clothes instead, yawning. 

---

Luke's Point of View

"You took all my bloody boxers, Michael, now I don't have any."

"No, You do. Check the bottom drawer."

Oh.

"It's here," I mutter, not looking his way to avoid his smug smile. The doorbell rings as I put the last of my clothes into the suitcase. I didn't own much and most of the suitcase was always filled with presents from fans I didn't have the heart to leave behind.

"I'll get it."

It's been two days since I found out about Ana and I have been doing everything I possibly can to avoid any thoughts about her. I went out today in the morning and took pictures with every fan that was waiting outside. I will never fall into that hole again, I keep promising myself that.

Opening the door I stop short when I see who it is.

"Hello, Lukey."

---

"So let me get this straight, the two of you," I point my finger at Addy and Montana, "—have a band member wrapped around your fabulous little fingers?" They blush in turn, Addy shoves a sushi in her mouth with her chopsticks to hide her smile. 

"I taught you guys well, didn't I?" I joke.

"Of course mate, that's why you're the only single one here." Katelyn nudges me with her shoulder.