Chapter 41

"Take a picture and show me that you're incomplete without me, without us."
-m.razon

**

"Sierra!" Montana squeals, rushing in through the hotel room door and crushing me in a big hug.

"Oh, I missed you so much." I giggle into her shoulder, taking in the familiarity of my best friend. She lets go as soon as I start gasping for air.

"I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget that you're a very tiny human." She jokes.

I gasp in mock horror "I am not!"

She rolls her eyes at me even though she knows I have a few inches on her. "If it helps you sleep at night doll face."

She eyes the suitcases and looks back at me. Luke's bags were in here too. Our flight landed two hours ago and Luke disappeared in a rush after dropping me off in my room.

"Are you back for good?" Montana asks and I give her a small nod.

She cheers with excitement "My plan worked."

"Luke kissed me," I tell her at the same time, my eyes widening. Out of all the things I could have told her.

"You just kissed? I thought he had to do more than that to get you back here. You are too easy Sierra." She laughs again and I punch her in the arm lightly.

"He told me it was all you."

Montana shrugs and flips her hair over her shoulder. "Thank me later—or now."

"Thank you. I realised a little too late that I didn't really wanna go home." I sigh with relief. It was good to be back with them around me. I make a mental note to text my parents and tell them I'm alright and which country I'm in.

"Where's Addy?"

Montana's happy mood ceases a little at my question and she stalls, looking for a good answer but I already know what she's going to say.

"She's mad at me isn't she?" I groan and catch her nervously biting her lip in my peripheral.

"She will get over it. Addy can't stay mad at you for long." Montana assures me and I give her another hug. I will have to talk to Adelaide. Luke warned me that she wasn't very happy right after he kissed me so I had been a little too heady to think straight.

Luke kissed me, and it wasn't an angry kiss. It was a passionate one like in the movies where the world is ending and the characters only have a few seconds left.

I feel like a preteen who just had her first kiss with her crush. It feels ridiculous to think about it this much. He was a little shaken up and kept drifting off in the middle of our conversation but he always held onto either my hand or ran circles with his fingers on the inside of my thigh.

"Do you wanna go grab lunch with me and Calum? We can explore a little too." Even though I'm not hungry I let her pull me off the bed and I slip into my shoes. Grabbing my purse we head out the door and I wonder if I should send Luke a text message letting him know where I'm going.

"Should I text Luke and tell him where I'm going?" I ask Monti for good measure and I see her smile to herself, twirling her hair between her fingers.

"Don't worry about it, I'll bet you ten bucks I know where and who he's with."

---

"Good morning." Montana snickers as we hover over two figures speaking intently to each other in hushed tones with their heads bent close.

"Hey!" Calum's eyes widen with surprise and he stuffs a spoonful of food in his mouth. He fumbles but gets up to hug me and tells me how good it is to have me back and not have to listen to Luke complain all day.