Chapter 55

"Use your lips to read between the line that forms from my own, and I promise that you will know all the ways you've made me feel."
- Connotativewords

***

"Try these on." I hand Luke a bunch of t-shirts and he takes off his current one on the spot, pulling one over his head again.

"I like this one better." He mumbles, looking in the mirror and brushing away the hair that has fallen onto his forehead.

"I like that one too." I agree.

"Ugh! It's not that hard Michael! Leave it alone." Montana yells at Michael who is back from LA. They have been grappling with a pair of skinny jeans for the past fifteen minutes.

"Guys, you're gonna tear it further." I huff and pull it out of Michael's hands.

"Okay miss 'I have my own label now.'" Michael laughs and grabs the jeans out of my hands again.

"Oh shut up Mikey." I roll my eyes at him with a little smile and sit down on the couch, stretching my legs out in front of me. I cover my eyes with my arm and lay my head back.

Dressing this band was stressful on so many levels. First, they don't take any instructions whatsoever. They will put you through hell before they try on at least one t-shirt and you would think being the ones that give them sex, it would make them a little obedient but nope.

"Sierra your phones ringing." Montana points at my bag. I lunge towards it thinking it must be important and I didn't hear it over the loud music.

The display flashes back with the words "Unknown number."

I slide the lock with a frown and step out of the room so I can hear. "Hello?"

"Aye, missy." A man says from the other side. He coughs loudly and I pull the phone away from my ear momentarily at the sudden ghastly sound.

"Who's speaking?" I ask politely.

"Is this Sierra McKinnon?" The man spits out my name like its slime in his mouth.

"Who wants to know?" I ask as the door opens and Luke steps out.

"Who is it?" Luke asks and the line cuts off at the other end. I look down at the screen wondering what just happened.

"I don't know. Some creep." I mumble, wondering who it was.

Luke raises an eyebrow. "Was it a girl?"

"No, it was a man. Must have been a wrong number." I shrug at him so I don't worry him. Telling him the man knew my name too will freak him out. Luke can be quite protective.

"Do you wanna go get lunch?" He asks and we move to one side of the corridor letting Freddy, our stock manager pass with a bunch of boxes in his arms.

"Lilian is asking for you." He says as he passes us with a wave.

"There is my excuse." I shrug at Luke and he takes a hold of my hands. "You rarely eat. You need to eat."

"I do eat!" I complain childishly.

"Yeah? What did you eat this morning?" He saw me sneaking a handful of berries this morning and rushing out the door.

"Fine fine." I huff and tell him to wait for me till I rush into Lilian's office and come back. I stuff my phone into the pocket of my pinafore denim dress and make my way to her office.

Lilian briefed me on the plan for next year just yesterday. She tried to ease my worry but it hardly worked. I sign the agreement, I take six months off to design a killer line and at the end of the year they put it out there for the world to see.