÷𝟛÷

it was 8:54am

it was 8:54am.
In Meihua's mind, she had no business being up that early and it didn't make sense that her body would even be responsive at that time.
But she pushed herself out of bed and went to shower, to get ready for her day of 'work'.

She was drying her hair when Yangyang burst into her room,
"Yang, what the fuck?" Meihua screamed, almost falling from her bed, "Can't you knock? I could've been naked."
"I saw you naked already, I don't remember you wearing clothes when you came out of the womb. By the way, can you-"

"Wait, don't you have a job? Why are you still here?"
"Yeah but, it's complex. It's like a job that isn't quite a job but is a job that will be a job. You know?"
"No, no I do not. You know you could've just lied and said you don't work on Fridays."
"Oh yeah. You can't tell mum though, she thinks I'm working in the law department." Yangyang scratched his head before continuing, "Also, could you i don't know, like turn down the volume of your hair dryer, im trying to play with friends."
She gave her brother a wary glance. She wanted to ignore him, and push him out of her room but she decided to turn it off, towel drying her hair instead.

"You're such a nice sister, I love you."
"Whatever, yangbitch."
Meihua rolled her eyes, as the boy skipped out of her room, not closing the door behind him.
She checked the time again.
shit, it was 9:38 and she would have to be there a few minutes, like fifteen, earlier than opening time. She sighed and headed downstairs, rushing a bit as she only had about seven minutes to get there.

Her mother's shop was quite small, and sat at the end of the lane. There were three aisles, one had drinks and ice creams and other cold items, one had cupboard item (i.e pasta, cereal, crisp), the last had fruit, vegetables and flowers. All the displays were neat and orderly, like soldiers in lines or rows of teeth. It was slightly cold inside, but it would warm up through the day.

There weren't a lot of customers, seemed not many people wanted to shop on a Friday. Meihua ended up using her phone for the majority of the time, finding it funny that she was being paid to sit behind a counter and not do anything much else all day.

It was ten minutes past six o'clock, which meant ten minutes past closing time, but Meihua was too indulged in the YouTube video she was watching to realise that. It was only when a dark brown haired boy entered the shop that she realised.

"Excuse me. We're closed." She called out but to no avail, he ignored her. "Hi? Hey? Hello?"
He only turned to look at her before turning back to the shelves, still searching for whatever it was the he needed. "Oi, bastard, bitchass, stop ignoring me."

"Do you want something?" The boy turned around, his voice audibly annoyed and eyebrows raised.
When she saw his face, she was taken aback. She wouldn't have guessed from his hunched over posture that his face would be so beautiful, she frowned a little to stop herself from smiling.

"Yeah, for you to leave. We're closed, I said."
"It's ten minutes past closing time, I'm sure you can deal with it."
She gave him a long, hard stare,
"This is no fucking way I am going to scan those items for you. I'm not working for any longer than I need to. Besides, I'm hungry, I need to go home."

The boy stopped in thought for a second,
"Ok then, how about if you scan these things then I'll give you something."
Meihua gazed at all the things he was carrying and felt her stomach rumble. She didn't know if she could trust him but her belly would just about trust anyone right now.

"Alright then."
She gave in and scanned the items glancing up at the boy to give him an evil glare every few seconds.
The boy paid by card before taking the bag and leaving.
"Oi- you piece of shit, come back. I need my food." Meihua whined, shouting after him.
She exhaled and placed her head in her hands, annoyed that he had tricked her.

She left the counter and went to the back of the shop, looking for the key.
She heard the door open and got a feeling of deja vu, shouting out to the person telling them to leave. It seemed as though this person obeyed though, as she heard footsteps going back in the direction or the door and then it shut.

After finally finding the key, she went back to the counter, to pick up her stuff. And there, next to her phone, was a packet of sweets.
She couldn't have been sure that it was the boy, but she just had a feeling maybe he changed his mind about being so mean.
She smiled to herself, before putting on her coat and locking the shop.

÷÷÷

÷÷÷

who is this mystery man?

but just imagine though, you're minding your own business, trying not to do more work than you need to, and a hot as shit guy just walks in. like what do you even do in that situation? stare at your hands? drool? idk