÷𝟝𝟞÷

When Renjun came, it was already too late

Even when he tackled Kai to the ground and the knife fell with him, there was no undoing what had been done. Even despite the minimal bleeding at the fact that she hadn't actually been stabbed, there was a bigger wound elsewhere. 

One in her mind. 

She screamed uncontrollably, and when Renjun tried to hold her, she pushed him away with tremendous force. 

"Sunshine, Mei! What's wrong?" 
"We all grew up together! They shoved us in that house with that field, in a place that's ages from here. And we grew up together until Haizhen disappeared, and we all began to disappear." 
"What has that got to do with here?" 
"I was born here. They stole me from my mother and did something terrible to her. This is where I was born." 

Her breathing was barely even breathing, and she shook with whatever emotion she was feeling. She was overwhelmed by everything. She couldn't help but keep uttering, 
"I was born here, this is where I was born." 

Renjun cried for help over the radio, he screamed for someone to help. Because he had tried, he had tried to access her mind and get rid of the pain. But pain was the only thing that existed in her head. 

And to remove her mind, would be to remove any existence of their love or of him in total. 

"Sunshine, please." 
"The sun shines on the brave flowers, don't worry, junnie. It'll keep shining on you." She trailed a finger over his lips and he leant down to place his lips on hers. But he stopped. 

He paused when he realised she had stopped crying, and stopped shaking. And just stopped altogether. Was she dead? 

His question was answered when she blinked her eyes open. 
"Who are you?" 
"Don't play this joke with me again, sunshine, now isn't the time please don't do this." 

But she wasn't playing a joke. It was evident in the way her face twisted in confusion and she wriggled out of his grasp. 
"Joke?"
"No, Mei, don't do this to me. You can't do this to me." 
"I- I'm sor-" 
"What if I loved you, Liu Meihua? Like really loved you? More than anything in the universe? What if all I wanted to do was wake up to see you every day and fall asleep with you next to me every night? Would you stop playing with me then? Would you remember me then? You said the sun wouldn't stop shining, don't leave me sunshine. Please." 

"Who is, Liu Meihua? And who are you? A-And who am I?" 

And that's when he began crying, a cry that would never end. Everything he had wished wouldn't happen, happened. And his sunshine would never shine again, not on him and certainly not on 'the brave flowers'. 

÷÷÷

÷÷÷

MEI- mei bby 🥺💧💧💧