÷𝟜𝟟÷

Two weeks passed just as quickly as a fleeting second

She had one more training session before tomorrow came but she couldn't seem to do anything right. She had missed more shots than she had ever missed and her mind was so distracted that Haizhen had accidentally cut her skin without her notice. 

"Meihua, where is your mind right now? You need to focus." 
"I'm sorry. Can we try that again?" 

Haizhen looked at her with a raised eyebrow for just a second. 
"No. Tell me what's on your mind." 

The older girl sat down cross-legged and patted the cold concrete beside her as an invitation for Meihua to sit. 
"What's wrong?" 
"Nothing's wrong, I'm just nervous." 
"Nervous that what? Something will go wrong?" 
"No, I'm just... I don't know. I feel like everyone's trying to look out for me, and it just makes me feel like something bad is going to happen to me specifically. I don't know." 

"Something bad like what?" 
"Like I'll forget all my memories or something." 
Haizhen was silent for a minute. The silence was so still that even the younger's small gulp could be heard so audibly. 

"Do you know why you lose memories?"
"I think it has something to do with the extraction but I'm not sure."

"Slightly, but mostly it's due to the microchip, you know the one from the neo power. It's made in a way that if you ever found too much out about the processes or your past life, the brain would self destruct."

"So does that mean I can never find out who I am?"
"No, you'll find out. But you need to be in a tranquil state, almost asleep, so that the brain doesn't register it as an info dump but more as a dream. It's if you were already in a stressful position that the brain would be sent into self destruct mode."

"But what if something about the mission makes me remember? Or what if someone says something? Or I meet someone?"
What was supposed to reassure Meihua, just made her even more nervous. But she did finally understand why Renjun had been so hesitant to tell her everything all at once.

Haizhen didn't know how to answer all the questions, for once, she was just as clueless as the next person. But she tried.

She sighed, "I... don't know. I don't know, I can't give you false hope and say that nothing bad will happen. But I just don't know. We both now full well that there's a chance of that happening. But I, and everyone else, am gonna try my best to stop that." 

"How can you be sure?" 
"I'm not sure, but I'm sure enough." 

Haizhen smiled to herself when she found herself using Renjun's words. Renjun never knew but he had taught Haizhen a lot. The boy always spoke about how she was an amazing teacher and role model towards others. But every lesson she's ever learnt was from him. If she was an amazing teacher, then he was something unfathomably wonderful. 

"Hey. I'll teach you an easy way to know when you're in danger if that's what you're really worried about." Meihua nodded, listening intently. 
"If you see snakes, whether it be a real one, a tattoo or even the mention of a big black snake. Run, just run and don't turn back." 

"Any explanation why?" She tried to question Haizhen's tip but to no avail. 
"To explain it, I would need to explain the history of everything. And even you know that can't be done in a day."

÷÷÷

÷÷÷

FIRST OFF IM ACC SO HYPED FOR HOT SAUCE, LIKE I PROMISE YOU IMMA BUY THAT ALBUM, I NEED IT. IM GONNA BUY EVERY VERSION I PROMISE U

and second, next chapt is gonna acc be sad so be wary