÷𝟟÷

Summer ended too quickly for her liking

Summer ended too quickly for her liking. She sighed as she got dressed into her school uniform, tired from the late night she had yesterday.

She was chewing her bagel when her brother came into the kitchen in his pajamas.
"Morning yang."
"Good morning mei."
"Yang, how's that job that's not really a job yet but is a job and will be a job soon going?"
Yangyang rolled his eyes before smirking a bit, "It's going great, it'll be a job sooner than I expected."
"Ooooo~ yay!"

Meihua did a celebratory dance for her brother's 'job that wasn't really a job yet but was a job and was going to be a job soon' and then immediately sat back down on the stool to eat her bagel.

"Have fun on your first day." He said before exiting the kitchen with a bowl of milkless cereal.

Meihua walked to school since her father had already left and she knew she would meet up with Ningning half way through the journey. The two did meet, as expected, and began to talk to one another until they reached school.

The girl hadn't seen the school in quite a while she realised. Even before her trip to Korea, she never really went to her brother's old school a lot. She only went a few times, when her brother was doing performances. But now she had to attend, and she was starting to feel slightly nervous.

She hoped that Ningning would be able to show her around but unfortunately, the two girls went in the same class. Meihua looked downhearted but got over it.

She went to the head teacher's office, of course, it being her first day she would need a guide. And, she was quite shocked to see the boy who sat in one of the chairs, the boy who was supposed to be her guide. The boy who was none other than...

The 'guy who bought stuff from the shop when it was closed and gave her something sometimes in summer' guy.

Or Huang Renjun as the head teacher called him. After they both left the office, Renjun turned to her,
"So, Liu Meihua, you recognised me, huh?"
"Uhm, yeah, Huang Renjun, I guess."
She trailed off at the end, which made him hold back laughter.
"Just call me Renjun. I'm a third year student so I'm not in any of your classes but I'll show you around for the first few days."

+ 100 v-coins

Meihua tried not to replicate the shock in her mind on her face, for fear that Renjun would figure out that she knew he lied. But what part did he lie about? She would just have to wait and see. For the time being though, hanging out with someone who could lie on their first meeting might be a good start to becoming a millionaire.

Renjun turned on his heel and showed her around the school. She followed, looking around in awe. The school was genuinely quite pretty, it was clean and neat and all the glass panes would make good material for aesthetic uniform photos with Ningning.

"Do you have any questions?"
Renjun asked, pulling her out of her reverie quite suddenly.
"Uhm, nope, I'm good, yeah."
"You don't seem to have a lot to say. Are you sure you're okay? Anything you need, just tell me, I'll listen."
She braced herself for it to be a lie, but to her surprise, it was the truth.
He truly would listen to her.

"Well, I do have one question."
He cocked his head to the side and nodded for her to continue.
"Do you have a neo power?"

There was a pause and she wondered if she had done something wrong. Shit- was it wrong to ask people what their neo power was? was it a sensitive subject? a taboo perhaps? nobody had taught her the neo power etiquette and she regretted not asking.

"Um, no, I turned nineteen just before neo powers were introduced, so I don't have one."
He shrugged his shoulders.
"Wait- so what year were you born in then?"
"2001."

+ 100 v-coins

Why would he lie about the year he was born in? She wouldn't think he was old or anything, she was just curious, but she decided not to poke any further.
"Thanks for your help, Renjun." She turned to go.
"Oh wait- where's the Geography block?"
He pointed straight in front of him,
"Go down this hallway and take a left, then just find the room that is says on your timetable."

"Oh ok, thank you, again, Renjun."
And she left for real this time. She didn't think about why Renjun had lied, only about the 300 v-coins in her account and how fun things would be from here on out.

 She didn't think about why Renjun had lied, only about the 300 v-coins in her account and how fun things would be from here on out

÷÷÷

renjun, why you lie? like it's your birth year mate, you don't have to lie about that

👀👀 third year student renjun? kinda hot if you ask me