÷𝟝𝟝÷

She knew the 'convenience store' they were referring to right away

She knew the 'convenience store' they were referring to right away. The one down the road from her house. The one that her parents owned. 

Upon entering, she scanned around for any signs of black snakes just as Haizhen had told her, but there were none. She was slightly safe, for the time being. 

At the counter, she saw him. Sitting there swinging his legs back and forth, his bothered expression making room for a small smile when he saw her. 

"Hua!~" His voice was cheery. 
"Kai..." She acknowledged him too with a nod. 

"Aw, come on. That's no way to greet your best friend."
"What do you want, Kai?"
"This is hardly about what I want. It's about what the universe wants." 

She folded her eyebrows at him, having no clue what he was on about. 
"C'mon Hua, you don't think there's a reason that everything leads back to here? To this place? That no matter how far you ran away, to another base, to another city, even to Korea, you were always dragged back here." 

Something about his words signaled red flags to her. But she wasn't sure which.  She looked around again for the snakes, yet there was still no sign. 

"You're not going to find snakes Hua. I already killed all those related to them, the Black Mambas, Ning Yizhou was a part of them. Now she's gone. Payback for killing your sister, ey?"
It felt as though someone had stabbed her heart. Her what?

"What the fuck do you mean?" 
"Now now, no vulgar language please. You might provoke me, and I must say, when I am provoked, it's not a pretty sight. Your sister, Meihua, Lee Haizhen is your sister. Or your half sister, but no matter, you are blood relative of some sort."

Her breathing quickened as she tried not to think too deeply. As if being around Ningning had not already broken open scars that she believed were clasped shut. Now it was like Kai was reaching a hand into the scars, tearing them open and bringing blood vessels out with it. 

He leant down to peel away the flaky lino, pulling up some floorboards beneath it. 

"Don't you know this place? Sunshine? You like to be called that, don't you?"
"No! Shut the fuck up!" 

She screamed at him without warning, causing him to flinch. And reach his hand along his waistband and pull out a knife. 

"Liu Meihua, do you want to be stabbed? What did I say about provoking me?" 
"I don't care! I don't give a shit! Just tell me who the fuck you are." 

"I'm Kai, your lover." He whispered close to her ear and she pushed him away. Though that had the opposite effect, the force causing her to stumble forward and fall to her knees. 

Renjun shouted over the communication, "Listen to me, sunshine, you have to move now!" She shook her head, momentarily cutting off the radio so that she could properly listen to Kai.

"Look into that hole, love. You see that place. That's where you were born. That's where scum of the earth like you were born. And now you're stuck in a deadly cycle because you don't realise that you're destined for doom. You're destined to die." 

She shook her head, trying to shake of the unwanted memories that were clinging to her like parasites. "Please, I don't understand." She muttered out, her voice small and weak.

"Why do you think your sister had powers of death? Why do you think, out of all the people who were implanted, you were the only one who was able to get rid of your implant? Why do you think so, huh?!" 

His tone grew ever more aggressive as his blade inched closer to her body: his hand itching to clamp itself around her neck. 

A broadcast in her ear saved her. Like a blessing, "They found the file." She breathed out, all she would need to do now was to kill Kai and escape. 

"You can't get rid of me, princess. Why? Because that file means nothing without me! So what? You find the file and solidify your case, but do you think that's all it's about? Winning against the government? You don't think your dear Junnie and Zhennie had selfish goals behind all this. All they ever wanted was to know where they came from, they put everyone in danger for their own personal gain. It was never about you, or anyone else."

Hot tears were falling from her eyes. Her throat was dry and even if it wasn't, her brain was out of anything to say. All she could see in her mind was a feild, and there were girls in the field, and one boy who sat up against the tree reading a book. There were words exchanged, 
'Don't be sad'
'Mei is leaving us, why wouldn't I be sad?'
'She'll come back'
'Haizhen never did' 

And then the scene played again, the girls skipping in circles with all their hands intertwined. 

Kai's blade was so close to her skin that it had already began to scratch her, and she felt blood along her side. But she was unreceptive to everything. All she could see in her mind was a field, and there were girls in the field, and one boy who sat up against the tree reading a book... 

÷÷÷

÷÷÷

SHIT DID I REALLY FORGET TO UPLOAD THIS CHAPTER 😭😭😭 IM SO STUPID ONG- ITS BEEN THREE DAYS HOW DIDNT I NOTICE?