÷𝟚𝟡÷

"He's been asleep for most of the day, when does he plan on waking up?"

Meihua spoke to herself and shifted from foot to foot, after breakfast, Renjun fell asleep. Four hours later, he was still sleeping like a log. 

Of course, the girl enjoyed watching the way his forehead wrinkled and the corner of his lips pulled together as he was probably walking through a bad dream, but she really needed for him to wake up. He still hadn't answered her questions. 

As she waited, she fiddled with her phone. Nothing was particularly interesting on there, seeing as since she didn't have the attention span to read or watch something. She turned the phone around and looked at the phone case. 

Unwarranted memories of a birthday party, but the small kind with family flooded her mind. She remembered receiving the phone case as a gift - but who from, she couldn't remember at all. There were some words, written on the back of the case, they read: 

"You're my second moon, my morning star, my sunshine..." 

It reminded her of the nickname Renjun had for her. And the more she pondered on it, the more the yellow colour began to hurt her head. It wasn't a garish yellow, but it was bright, and the seeming weight it had on her mind was too heavy. So she took the case off. 

For a second, she faltered. But eventually she pulled the case of her phone, and a piece of paper dropped out, swirling to the ground like honey brown leaves in autumn. Since when did that get there?

Her curiosity would have always gotten the better of her - no matter how much her mind nagged her to leave it. She bent down and picked it between her fingers, unfolding it to reveal the message of the inside. 

It was a string of numbers, a phone number, she presumed. There was only one way to find out, wasn't there? 

Meihua understood that whatever Renjun and the rest of them were hiding from her was important, dangerous, something she shouldn't mess with. But they had already planted her in the middle of the problem by keeping her there. 

She dialed the number on her phone. It was a little underwhelming when there was no answer. One ring, two rings, three rings, four. There was still no answer - no voice on the other end, no cryptic message like she had envisioned there would be. 

But what she did notice, was the sound of a phone ringing from a far away drawer or cupboard. In her mind, she knew immediately that was the phone she was calling. She wondered why it would be there.

Walking over to the mini chest of drawers, she pulled out each one in search of the phone. And, there in a silver coloured jewellery box, was a phone. A phone in a dark black case. Completely contrasting the yellow one she was currently holding. 

The black phone was still ringing and as she read the ID, her current phone number flashed on the screen. When she turned back to look at the black phone, she noticed it was open. Had she opened it with her fingerprint? Surely not, she didn't know the phone. 

Now she had to figure out whether she wanted to snoop further or wait until Renjun awoke to ask. Her nerves were shouting, telling her it wasn't too late to turn back. But she was curious - curious people are insatiable until they get what they want. 

The first thing she saw were the hundreds of unseen messages and missed calls. Many from a group chat called: "Changying's circus animals". Who was Changying?

She scrolled through the messages from the notifications. The last seen message was from a user called 'ningnong', and it read: see i told u guys we shouldn't interrupt her date. 
Was the owner of the phone dating someone? 

Since then, there were messages upon messages of people tagging the owner of the phone 'queenmei', and begging for someone called 'Mei' or 'Hua' to come back and speak to them. There were private messages too, but the person who had sent the most private messages was someone called 'hyuka'. 

The messages were so many, all with a similar tone:
Mei? Mei, please. Hua, where are you? Did you die? I know you won't respond if you're dead, so please tell me you're not dead. Mei, I know you aren't dead. Mei, please, we all need to know that you're safe right now. Ningning is basically broken, and the rest of us aren't doing well. 

But then the tone became a little more passionate:
Meihua, it's been a week. Where did you go? I'm sorry for teasing you about Renjun, I'm sorry. I was jealous, and bitter, I shouldn't have. I just wanted to be friends with you, but my heart got the better of me. Mei, I love you, please come back. Liu Meihua, just send me one message, just one so that I can know you're okay. So that I can know that the light of my universe isn't truly dead.

The passionate ones felt like border-line obsession. Who was this 'hyuka'? Why did he keep calling and begging and wishing for someone who had her name? Her exact name? 

And finally the tone changed again:
Liu Meihua, are you seriously going to play this game? I already told you you're playing with my heart yet you continue. I know you're alive, I saw you the other day. * Insert picture here * You can't keep doing this, Meihua. Don't worry, wait for me, I'm coming for you soon.

It was scary just to read. Let alone for the person who it was directed at. This other Liu Meihua must have lived a dangerous life. 
Meihua knew she was deluding herself by thinking like that, but she couldn't help it: the increasing paranoia making her feel hysterical. 

Her hands were shaking. She wished they hadn't been as her thumb moved down and accidentally click on the notifications, transporting her straight into 'hyuka's messages.

hyuka
So now you're reading my messages

hyukaSo now you're reading my messages

÷÷÷

yandere kai or am i trippin?- but like if this was me i'd be like, let's play hide and seek to the death but only i don't hide.