÷𝟡÷

"So, Huang Renjun, why did you lie?"

"This is really painful to say but erm, the truth is, I got pushed back two years. I was supposed to graduate last year but I got pushed back into second year."

It wasn't a lie, but it didn't explain anything.
"So why not just say that you're a second year student then and avoid all this?"

"I skip class most of the time, I didn't want you to expect me to be there or something. And taking you there would mean I would have to go in as well."

Meihua nodded, satisfied with the explanation. It wasn't really anything big that had made him lie, he just didn't want to be judged, which was fair. Nobody wanted to be judged and Meihua understood that.

"Wait- you said you got pushed back two years?"
Renjun nodded with his eyes closed,
"So therefore you were in fourth year last year, right?"
He nodded again.
"Wait so that means you were in my brother's class."
Renjun opened his eyes and looked at the girl, his eyes widened a bit when he realised.
"Oh- Liu Yangyang, right?"
It was Meihua's turn to nod,
"Oh? I kinda see it now. But not a lot."

There was more silence,
"So, Huang Renjun, have any hobbies?"
"Yeah, I like art and physics and that's about it."
"Nice. I like... hmmm, I don't know, I play violin and I like poems. Not writing them, just reading."
Renjun nodded, mouthing a little 'that's cool'.

"Huang Renjun-"
"You know you don't have to call me by my full name everytime you adress me."
"What should I call you then?"
"Renjun?"
"Meh, boring, I'll think of something, but for now, I'm sticking to Huang Renjun."
The boy chuckled a bit and rolled his eyes.

"Wait-"
"Why do you always tell me to wait before you speak."
"It's to prepare you for the crazy amazing shit your queen is about to say. Now don't interrupt me."
Renjun pressed his lips together for a minute, before miming bowing down to her, "Oh, your highness, I'm truly sorry."
"Whatever, peasant Huang. Anyway, as I was saying, shit what was I gonna say?"

Renjun held back laughter and shrugged. The girl and her mishaps were quite hilarious to him,
"Wait, yeah, why did you give me the sweets that one time in summer even though you had already left?"

"That wasn't me though?" He feigned confusion before laughing, "No im joking, it was me."

She zoned out for just a second, even though it was just a joke, she felt slight discomfort. Why didn't her powers pick up his denial at leaving the sweets for her as a lie? He had admitted to it himself, so it obviously was a lie.

"I don't like tricking people, that's all."

+ 100 v-coins

"But you tricked me when you said you were a third year student."
"Yeah well, why tell the truth sometimes, when lying is so much more fun?"
"So you admit it, you do like tricking people."
"I never said that, Queen Mei, I only said it's fun."

Renjun winked and turned to go, which she let him do, before remembering that she still didn't know her way around and he was the only who knew she was up there. So she quickly followed after him.

÷÷÷

÷÷÷

he was doing so well with not lying as well. i hope meihua's powers are not broken or anything. and yay, a fellow violinist~

tbh meijun friendship is blossoming quicker than i thought it would, surprise surprise ig