÷𝟜𝟘÷

Of course she was willing to train

Of course she was willing to train. After everything Renjun had told her, about the danger the government was putting the whole country in, she'd be a fool to not want to.

"Great, that's great then."
Haizhen began to lead Meihua down a corridor, then down a flight of stairs, down two more corridors and down a spiral stairway finally to reach a big open area.

"Okay, this is the training ground. You'll learn simple things, self defence, how to shoot a gun, how to tell if someone's a threat or not, et cetera."
"Are you going to teach me?"
"Occasionally, I have my own student to help out as well so I can't promise that I'll be here 24/7."

Meihua nodded understandingly. She watched the older girl walk into the center of a marked out red ring.
"Okay, our first lesson today will be a simple one. Look at my stance, then determine whether I'm attacking or defending."

Haizhen took a position.
"Offense or defense?"
"Offense."
"Punch me and find out."

The girl immediately shook her head at the older's suggestion. She wasn't gonna punch Haizhen.
"Why not?"
"Why should I? You haven't done anything wrong."
"Imagine I have then! Imagine I've just told you that Yangyang never loved you, and that he's willing to kill his 'sister' for his own personal gain, and half of the friends you cherished are turning on you as we speak. No one's ever loved you, Mei, stop being-"

At that moment, Meihua finally was able to punch Haizhen. Not because what she was saying provoked her, but because it wasn't true. She didn't want to hear those lies anymore.

Obviously, Haizhen was not caught off guard and defended herself quickly, she was just surprised that Meihua actually managed to do it in the first place.

"I didn't expect you to actually do it-"
"God- I'm so sorry, I really didn't want to do it. Please forgive me."
"Hey, I asked you to do it. Besides, I'm not injured, am I? You did well."

Haizhen patted her back and felt her lips curving just a little when Meihua smiled at her, ever apologetic.

÷÷÷

÷÷÷

haizhen marry me ples 🥺 but erm like let's not be mean to mei ples, that was mean zhennie