CHAPTER 27: ULTIMATUM

(59 MINUTES BEFORE THE ULTIMATUM)
.
.
.

LISA's POV

"I'm sorry, Baby... I wasn't perfect for you... I lied to protect you... To protect us..." I cried as I gently touched her soft hands, and slowly intertwined my fingers with hers.

She didn't move. She didn't cry either. She inhaled deeply, and exhaled with shaky breath.

"Baby... I'm s-sorry, but it's not only you w-who have secrets here..." She mumbled nervously and bit her lower lip.

"W-what do you mean?" I loosened my grip from her hands and furrowed my brows.

"Because I lied to you for a very long time... B-but, it's okay... If you would hate me..."

"W-what? I'm confused, Jennie..."

"I'm—"

*BANG!*

A loud gunshot was fired through my garage. Both of us never had a chance to hide. And things happened so fast. I just saw her lying on the floor covered in her own blood.

"B-Baby... I'm... I'm s-sor—" She suddenly coughed as she was catching her breath.

I panicky went to her and brought her body on my lap.

"N-no..." I pressed my hand on her wound.

"I lo—"

"NO... NO... Baby... D-don't talk... Please stay with me..."

"Lisa... I lo—"
.
.
.

"Lisa???"
.
.

"Don't leave me, Jennie..."
.
.
.

"LISA, WAKE THE FUCK UP!
YOU'RE HAVING A NIGHTMARE!"

I woke up from the sound of Rosé's voice. I can see that we're driving by the highway.

"Aargh... What— shit..." I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes, blinded by the traffic lights

I drank some water from my tumbler. My throat was a little dry and felt the sweat all over my body.

I removed my jacket and turned the A/C higher.

"Are you okay?" Rosé asked as she took a glance on me.

"Yeah... It was just a bad dream." I muttered. "D-do you want me to drive?"

"No, it's fine... We're almost there." She answered.

I looked at my watch and we only have an hour left.

I wonder if my brother already took the car. Nobody from the team hasn't called me yet.

I took my phone out from my pocket and noticed that I had missed calls from Bobby...

And Jennie? Why was she calling me???

"Shit..."

But I needed to call Bobby first.

I pressed his number and started calling him back.
"Did Bobby call you too?" I asked Rosé as I wait for Bobby to pick up the phone.

"Huh? Not yet. Why???" She looked astonished.