CHAPTER 16: THE ROOKIE

DAY 4
6:05 am

LISA'S POV

"I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Jennie..."

They gave her a warm welcome.
The guys shook her hand and the girls gave her a hug...

Except for one person who is cold as ice...

Rosé...

"What is she doing here?!" She blurted.

Silence fell upon all of us, as things became awkward as I thought.
Some of them were shocked. I quite forgot that they didn't know what happened to the three of us yesterday.

Damn...

I glanced at my Jennie, and surprisingly, she's just showing me a pleasant smile. And her beautiful feline eyes staring directly at me were too alluring to look at.

If only they weren't here, I would really take her right now and kiss her non-stop.

I wasn't sure why she seemed so unbothered, especially in front of my ex-girlfriend, whom technically, she had encountered with yesterday.

I really wished that it won't be a problem for us, for the team, and for our mission. We only have one day left, and we still have 22 cars left on the list.

Unfortunately, I'm still contemplating, whether to tell them about Jennie joining the team or not. I know they would be astonished about my decision. Though I don't want them to think that I'm taking them for granted.

This is more complicated than I thought.
.
.
.

JENNIE'S POV

"What is she doing here?!"
Lisa's bitch ex-girlfriend asked.

I noticed that everyone's suddenly became uncomfortable as soon as she asked that.

I clenched my fists and inhaled deeply.

The audacity of this snake to ask me why I'm here?! If only I could strangle her!!!

I'm just pulling myself together, trying to be calm as I can. I don't wanna give Lisa's team a bad impression.

And besides, I'm still doing my job as an undercover agent. I should do my part.

Lisa immediately gave me a worried look.
I smiled at Lisa to show her an assurance that I won't kill her ex.

I mean... Scratch that!
That I won't do anything stupid.

Although, I wanted to pull this snake's hair and drag her outside.

My girlfriend cleared her throat and looked at Rosé again,
"She's here to—"

I gave Lisa's hand a gentle squeeze, then I made a step forward.

"Hi! I'm Jennie, Lisa's girlfriend...
And you are?" I forced to smile as I offered her a handshake.

I'm just being decent here.

Rosé grinned widely at me that made my eye twitch, then she held my hand.
And to my surprise, she pulled me gently for a hug,

"I know why you're here..."

She whispered in my ear that made my heart beat frantically.

What does she mean by that?!
Did she figure out?!
Fuck! No... Focus, Jennie...

"What do you mean?" I asked her calmly.

I heard her chuckled.

"You are here because you are doubting Lisa's loyalty. And you are threatened by me... Because you know that I'm going to take Lisa back." She said as she broke the hug.