CHAPTER 19: FEAR

JENNIE'S P.O.V.
.
.
.

"JENNIE!!! B-BABY!!! HELLO???!! WHAT'S HAPPENING??? W-WAS THAT A GUNSHOT???"

Lisa's voice was trembling and I couldn't even focus on listening to her. I stepped on the gas and quickly shifted the gear.

As soon as I got control of the wheel, I looked at the rear view mirror to check who it was. I also checked the side mirrors. I was relieved that no one was tailing me now from behind.

Why were they chasing me???
Who was that???? Or who are they??? Did the owner find out about this stolen car???

"JENNIE!!! FUCK!! I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GONNA GET YOU AWAY FROM THERE!!!"

I was catching my breath and I could feel my throat was getting dry. I'm lost for words as I couldn't respond to Lisa pretty well.

And the questions were still repeating in my head.

"I'm o-okay... I'm fine baby... I think... Th-they're gone now..."

I breathlessly muttered on the phone.

"NO!!! YOU ARE NOT FINE! I'M ON MY WAY... S-STAY THERE, BABY... PLEASE... IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOU, JENNIE...
I WON'T FORGI"

"Ssshhh... I promise... I'm fine, Baby... Okay? Just come here safely... I love you..."

"I love you so much, Baby..."

As soon as we hang up the phone, I drove to the nearest gas station in the freeway.
I quickly parked my car near a small café. I got out of the car while my knees were still trembling. Without any hesitations, I walked inside and immediately went to the restroom. I hurriedly shut the door.

"Who the fuck was that???" I mumbled to myself while leaning my back against the door.

I checked on my phone and called Jisoo. Unfortunately, her phone was out of reach.

Oh God...
I hope you are safe, Jisoo.

I was about to go out when suddenly, my stomach churned.
I rushed to the sink and vomited.

"Ugh! It must be the bacon I ate earlier." I muttered as I washed my face, then dry it with paper towel.

I went out of the restroom and ordered a cup of chamomile tea. I needed to take in something to relieve my tension.

*RING*

I flinched when I heard my phone buzzing on the table. I look at the screen and checked my inbox,

"Damn.. Agent Jongin..." I mumbled.
.
.

(phone call)