CHAPTER 24: OCCURENCE

LISA'S POV

"I have something to tell you..."

Negative thoughts penetrated through the inner core of my brain...

'Jennie is going to break up with me.'

I hope she doesn't.
God... I hope it didn't come to her mind... But her eyes looked weary and afraid. I can feel that something's bothering her. She's trembling in fear. Even though she accepted me, still it wasn't impossible for her to leave me...
Just like what Rosé did.

Jennie maybe got tired of m—

"Marry me... Lisa Manoban..."

I widened my eyes as I held my breath for a few seconds.
I sat up straight on the bed, and she did the same thing as she held my hands.

Her voice was inaudible and I was just reading her lips...

What did she say?
What did she... Say?

"Lisa... Did you hear me?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

I swallowed a big lump in my throat and moistened my lips with my tongue.

"W-what? C-can you say that— a-again?"

She cupped my face and stroke her smooth thumbs on my cheeks.

"I said I wanted you to marry me..." She smiled as her tears slowly falling on her face.

"A-Are you... Sure? M-maybe you're just... Bewildered or someth—"

"No..." She inhaled deeply.
"Six months was enough for me to have a life with you... To settle down with you... You're my everything now, Lisa. And I wanna live with you for the rest of my life..."

I let out soft chuckles anf began to sob.

Say yes, Lisa...

What's stopping you?

But Jennie's safety is what matter's the most...

Hence, will I be happy if I say no?

Or I should be more worried because I know... That someone's trying to kill the love of my life...
Jennie doesn't deserve this kind of life.

I don't deserve her.

I heaved a deep sigh.

I held her hands and grasped them gently, "Jennie... You know... You know how much I love you... But I think... It isn't the right time f—"

Jennie swiftly shaking her head.
Her face became unreadable.

"Jen—"

"AND WHEN?!" She suddenly snapped at me. "WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME, LISA???" She abruptly got up away from the bed.

I followed and stood in front of her,
"Baby... I- I want to marry you... TRUST ME!" I countered, but still managed to keep it calm.
"But you know... I still have a deal with Ji Yong and my family's life is in danger! How can we—"

"THEN LET'S RUNAWAY!" She blurted while looking at me straight into my eyes, fiercely. "Y-you can take your brother... And your mother... Like what you've said earlier... We can go to a place where no one could find us! W-we can build a new life, Lisa..." she anxiously stated.

I sighed heavily as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Alright..." I exhaled sharply.

Her eyes widened in surprise,
"Alright?"