CHAPTER 18: TAUNTED

JENNIE'S P.O.V.

It was a smooth one-hour drive from Santa Monica to Riverside.

I told Lisa that I'm more familiar with the place, but she was hesitant because FBI headquarters is located in the area. But I told her not to worry because Jisoo is with me.

And the fact that I'm an FBI agent, therefore, I already know some places where FBI couldn't find us, if ever we get caught.

I don't want them to catch Jisoo either.

"Is this the place?"

"Yes. According to Jeongyeon, Deborah is located here in Los Amogos Private homes." Jisoo answered.

Deborah is the alternative name for 1999 Jaguar XK8 Coupe.
I'm amazed on how they thought of this idea. Brilliant, but ridiculously witty.

Lisa is really a car thief genius.
As much as I wanna be proud of her, I should still do my job.

Jisoo parked in front an open house. She killed the engine and turned to look at me.

"So here's Jihyo's instructions. We're gonna pretend that we're sisters." Jisoo said.

"Okay? And then?"

"We're gonna make the broker believe that we're here to inquire for a house. Get it?"

"Oh... Got it!" I hesitantly said.

But before Jisoo comes out of the car, I suddenly remembered something.

"Wait!!!" I grabbed her arm. "What if the broker will look for our identification?" I asked worriedly.

Jisoo smirked and pulled something out from the pocket of her red coat,
"Jeongyeon gave us this."

She handed me a fake ID.

"Well, now I'm impressed with Jeongyeon! Haha!" I uttered proudly.

"Yeah! She's really resourceful. She's quite prepared for this." Jisoo responded.

As we both got out of the car, I easily spotted a woman.

I observed her from head to toe:
Red-head woman with a few freckles on the face. She's wearing a hot pink dress, her red lipstick, and white high heels.

She seemed like a middle-aged woman.

"Are you Miss Sarah Young?" She asked and showed Jisoo a tight smile.

"Yes, I am. And this is my sister, Sabrina." Jisoo answered her politely, then she looked at me.

She raised her brows and forced to smile.
Then I realized that she was referring to me as Sabrina.

Damn it. I forgot about the fake identity!
I should be good at this!
I'm an FBI agent for fuck's sake!

I cleared my throat and fixed my hair,
"Hi, I-I'm her s-sister. We're interested to this open house. Could we take a look?"

"Of course! This way... Please..."

The woman pointed us lead the way to the front door.

We walked together, but Jisoo halted, then turned to face the woman,
"It's okay.... We'll take it from here."

Apparently, the woman look at us inquisitively,
"I'm sorry, Ms. Young, but we have a protocol to stay with our future buyers, at all times."

I gulped slowly and stole a glance at Jisoo.