CHAPTER 20: HEED

JENNIE'S P.O.V.

"It's just a scratch... No need to worry..."

"A scratch?! It's a cut, Jisoo!!! What the fuck?! Who did this to you?!"

"I told you- I-I'm okay..."

"I knew it!!! I shouldn't let you both be involved in this shit!!!" Lisa screamed as she kicked the table in front of her.

"Please... Calm down, Lisa..." I tried to console her, but that would be impossible for now.

I understand how she feels; first, it was me. Then now, Jisoo got attacked.

"Did you see their faces??? How many are they???" Bobby asked Jisoo, who's sitting beside her. While Jihyo is the one who's cleaning her wound.

We're back here at the carwash and all of us were in a panic.
As soon as we got here, Jisoo came in after a few minutes.
We were all in shocked when we saw her having a big cut on her stomach. She said she was attacked, after she got out of that open house.

It only means that someone knows our plans.
But why it was only me and Jisoo who were attacked and ambushed?

"Th-there were three— masked people... Ugh— th-the other one was a woman. I heard her spoke. But sh-she suddenly left the two attackers with me. She drove a motorcycle." Jisoo weakly said.

I furrowed my brows and went closer to her,
"What did the woman say, Jisoo?" I asked inquisitively.

"I'm not s-sure... but... she was talking to someone on the phone... She said, 'she's not here', then she fled."

Fuck! So that's it! They were looking for me! What do they want from me??? Was it related to that unknown caller???

"Hey! Hey! What's happening h- Oh God! What happened to Jisoo???"

Rosé asked as she walked towards us. She seemed clueless to what had happened.

I don't know... But I suddenly felt something...
Something's not right in here.
She should've known what happened because we all got radios.

"No... Stop it, Jennie! It wasn't her who attacked us... That's impossible because she was two hours away from our location." I thought to myself.

Lisa was staring daggers at Rosé.

"See? See what happened???" Lisa blurted as she slowly approached her.

"WHAT??? WHAT THE HELL??? I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS ASKING YOU?" Rosé retorted.

"IF YOU DIDN'T LET JENNIE GO WITH JISOO, THEY BOTH HAVE BEEN SAFE—"

"Babe, stop..." I held Lisa's arm and grasped it firmly.

"Boss... I told you I'm fine..." Jisoo pleaded as she winced in pain.

Rosé scoffed as she quickly removed her leather jacket, then threw it on the table.

"ARE YOU FUCKING ACCUSING ME??? HUH??? FIRST OF FUCKING ALL, WHO LET THAT FUCKING BITCH IN OUR TEAM??!" Rosé's eyes widened in fury as she points her shaky hand at me.

Lisa exhaled sharply and sat down on the steel chair. She propped her elbows on her knees and covered her face with her hands.

"I'm sorry..." She muttered defeatedly. "This is all my fault... I shouldn't have included you all in the beginning."

Lisa abruptly stood up then grabbed a beer from the fridge.

She walked out from the garage and never looked back.