CHAPTER 8: THREATENED

JENNIE'S P.O.V.
RIVERSIDE, L.A.
9 p.m.

The hardest part of being an undercover agent is to make them believe that you are what you are.

You are what they expect you to be...

That you can lie better than ever...
.
.

EARLIER

(Video call)

L: Oh, me? I'm eating dinner with Bobby. We'll catch up and we'll go to a bar at the Long Beach.

J: Hmmm... Bar? Only with Bobby?

L: Yes, Baby! Haha! I'll behave. And we'll just get a few drinks then we'll go home after.

J: Of course, baby. I trust you...

I rushed to the headquarters after that video call with my girlfriend.
I had to show her that I just stayed at my mom's house in Chicago, where, truthfully, I'm just here in Riverside.
It's just an hour or two travel time by car.

I lied. I'm getting used to it, but...

She lied as well.

Lisa lied.

I know where she was. I bugged all her vehicles, including her Ducati.
I could track her, and I could even hear everything from there, including her breathing...
I just knew that she would use it.
It's faster and I knew she wanted to keep a low profile. I couldn't bug her shop.
There are CCTV cameras and Jisoo was always there...

We both lied to each other the moment we opened our mouth during that video call.

But I'm a better liar in this relationship.

But I never lied when I said that I love her...
.
.
.

Few hours later...

I sat on my swivel chair here in my office and played back the audio recordings...

Thank God to these new spy bugs that Agent Yeri gave me. I would know what Lisa's doing...

I took in a deep breath and started listening,

"Oohhh... This is so... Intimate..." I heard a woman whispered to Lisa.

What the hell?!
WHO IS SHE???

"Are you sure you don't wanna hold onto my waist?" the woman asked.

OH GOD???
IS SHE SEDUCING, LISA?!

"No, thanks. Let's just go! Time is running out..." Lisa answered her seriously.

"Alright! As you command..." the woman softly chuckled.

THen I heard the motorbike engine roared.

"HOLD ON TIGHT, LALISA! Hahaha!"

"SHI-!"

*bleep*

END OF RECORDING

I hastily pulled the earphones from my ear.

Who is this woman in Lisa's life???