𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

WHY is it when the story ends, we begin to feel all of it?

When you first pick up a book, you look at the cover. You break down the way it's designed and what key factors on it may be connected to the story. If there's a dagger on the front page you might indicate it as related to the kingdom era, is the king being assassinated by another? By his nemesis? By his lover? By who?

Though people say to never judge a book by its cover, I think the first thing we all do is judge a person by how they have represented themselves on the outside. I know we all do, it's basic human nature to do it as much as we tell ourselves not to.

I don't mind soft-covered books but I prefer hardcovers. They're more protective of the pages inside of it. Just the way a person should be with their heart. No one should allow their hearts to be played with like toys, to pick up when they like it, then put aside when they're bored. I believe everyone should know their worth and what they're capable of doing.

Some people present themselves as heartless, cold, and emotionless, to protect their hearts because they're so scared of letting anyone hurt them. They're scared of someone having the power to take their heart and stomp on it and then walk away so they act cold, not letting anyone in.

But those are the same people that want to be loved, want to be held, want to be cared for.

So they put up walls, to protect themselves from the heartbreak, the pain, the void.

So why do we judge a book by its cover when we don't know what's inside yet? When we look at a treasure box, it's usually covered in mud, dirt, all kinds of hideous things you can think of but we've studied about it and know it contains diamonds, gold, jewels, money, and all kinds of great, intriguing things. So why do we judge a book by its cover when we have yet to learn what it may or may not contain?

When you read a book, at the moment, you're enjoying all the good that comes with the bad. You're living a whole movie in your head. Words can mean a lot more than you can imagine. Words stick with you wherever you go, which is insane when you think about it. If you use the correct words, it can persuade many, many people about what's to see.

When the story ends, so does a part of you.

"I think I'm going to take part in this even though it hasn't been announced yet," Bonnie's voice came as I blocked my thoughts away. "When do you think it's going to happen?" I looked up at her from my place at the breakfast table, exhausted.

"How are you this energetic at nine in the morning?" I spoke tiredly, bringing my head up. "Plus it's related to the Christmas Ball. That happens yearly, so it'll probably be in December. There's a whole month to that so don't stress it too much and let me devour my waffles and sleep." She shook her head, looking back at her textbooks.

Bonnie was someone who put her mind to something, she would do it. She hadn't stopped staring at that textbook in the last few weeks.

Dark artifacts.