XIV- New friends

Two years later
"Itachi? What are you doing here?" doesn't he know what time it is? "In a few days, you'll start high school. Figured we could go shopping today." sighing, I allow him to come inside. "Fine. You're paying for breakfast though!" he nods taking a seat on the couch.

Hurrying my routine, I jog downstairs. "I think that's record time!" I jump up stumbling a little. "Be careful, you're too clumsy for your good," he says, standing up walking to the front door. "Ha, as if. You're the clumsy one, and we both know it." luck wasn't on my side today.

I open the front door only to hit myself with it. Moving back a little, I walk outside. "You stood too close to the door again." shaking my head I walk ahead. "I don't know what you're talking about." "Don't be like that. Let's go to the dango shop for breakfast."

Itachi opens the door for me. Thanking him, we sit down at a table. "How are you feeling about school?" setting down the menu I look at him. "It's going to be another year just like last. Probably won't make any friends."

Ordering our food we make small talk, nothing too interesting. "Say, your brother is supposed to be buying you a new phone within a few days right?" swishing my straw around in my drink, I roll my eyes. "That's what he said, but we both know he's a cheapskate."

He shakes his head. "Though it may be true, you should speak more highly of him. He works a lot, and still provides for you," he says, enjoying his food. "I guess you're right. Maybe I still haven't gotten over the move completely."

"Why? What's keeping you from enjoying the move?" my eyes close, a faint smile on my face. "Back home, my friends. Well, I doubt we're friends anymore considering the circumstances." taking a sip of my drink, I think back to the day I left.

"Continue." he ushers me. "There was Rin, Obito, and Kakashi. It's cliche. Obito, was madly in love with Rin, who chased after, Kakashi, while I loved Obito. The last time I spoke with them, I asked Rin why she liked Kakashi when Obito was right in front of her. It was "uncalled" for. They sorta abandon me that night? Then I left without saying anything so."

Shrugging my shoulders, I take a bite out of my food. "I see why they were upset, but you were being honest." I slam my hands on the table. "Thank you! Finally, someone who understands." he cringes at the loudness of my voice. "Sorry."
__
"I invited a few of my friends to come with us for shopping." with slumped shoulders I look at him. "Are they nice?" instead of replying he just keeps walking. "It's rude not to answer when someone asks you a question." "You're so loud, keep your voice down." before I get a chance to say anything he talks again.

"We're here." looking both ways, we cross the street. "Itachi! Who's this?" a guy asks, he seems to be around the same age as Itachi, along with the girl. "This is, Y/n. Y/n this is Shisui, and Izumi." smiling, I wave at both of them. "Nice to meet you both!" "Likewise." the girl beams. "Let's go look around!" Shisui announces.

"Y/n! Come on." Izumi takes ahold of my wrist lightly and leads me into a somewhat girly store. "Say, Izumi, how do you know the two?" I question, somewhat curious. "We've known each other since we were little kids. Our families go way back."

Going through various items, something piques my interest. "Do you like one of the guys?" I ask. She freezes, and a light blush covers her face. "Yeah. It's Itachi, but I don't think he feels the same way." her blush fades, while she's doubting it. "Hm, we'll just have to work on that."

Finally, getting down with shopping we all head out of the mall. "I'm exhausted." my legs feel like they could give out at any time. "Me too. Well Shisui, and I are going to go this way. Bye guys!" Izumi walks away Shisui following. "Nice meeting you!" he yells out. "Come on, Y/n. Let's get you home before Kakuzu loses it."