XVIII- Awkward call

Kakashi_Hatake1
_______

It's been a while,
Kakashi. How is
Obito, and Rin?

They're good. Grown-up
a lot. Do you think
you could facetime?
It would mean a lot to
the three of us. Me.

Okay.
   (xxx)xxx-xxxx

+x xxx xxx-xxxx
would like FaceTime...
_____

"Hey, Y/n." Kakashi greeted. His dark-colored doctor-like mask muffled his voice a little. A hand shoots into the camera frame, reaching for his phone startling both of us. "Is that Y/n?! Give me the phone!"

Kakashi's phone shakes. Grunts, along with whisper-yells of "no!" and "yes!" can be heard. Finally, Obito successfully got Kakashi's phone. He gives you a lopsided closed-eye grin.

"Y/n! It's been a few years! You like dropped off the face of the earth! Not even a goodbye?" his lips slowly turn into a frown, those black eyes holding sadness in them. Clearing my throat, I force a smile.

    "Truth be told, I tried getting ahold of Kakashi, but he didn't pick up. So I let it be. Besides, it was probably for the best." my voice cracks, luckily it went unnoticed. Obito turns his head at Kakashi and starts an argument. The phone starts to move until it focuses on Rin.

    "Ah-Rin! Hey." she laughs, smiling. "Long time no see. You look good." scanning her face for lies, she doesn't seem to be lying. How can she be so kindhearted? Even after calling her out like that. "You too, Rin. Say, how are things going?"

    I nod my head at the sound of the guys bickering. She sighs softly, letting her eyes rest on the two while they continue to walk. "It's like nothing has changed between the two. They're even more competitive with each other now."

    "Heh. That's good, they'll probably never grow out of that." the conversation comes to an awkward stop. Nothing else to say really.

    "Y/n, I know you're on a call but Shisui and Izumi want to know if we want to tag along with them in a bit?"

    "Who is that?! You replaced us?" Obito whines fall deaf on my ears as my undivided attention is on Itachi.

    "I can't today. Once I get home, I have to get ready. I'm having dinner with my brother, and all those people." I can feel myself cringing at the fact I have to make conversation with people I don't know.

    "Obito of course she's going to make new friends. What did you expect? For her to be lonely?"

    "I would prefer it. I mean, really! She leaves us, and makes friends with two guys, and another girl! Replaced us."

    At this point, Itachi and I are listening to Obito complain while Kakashi tries to reason with him. I guess I can see where he's coming from. Seems Itachi is getting some entertainment from their conversation too.

    "But she's like us better! Right Y/n?" Obito snatches the phone from Rin. Hopefulness in his eyes. "Whatever helps you sleep at night!" his face falters, the mood completely ruined. Obito shoves the phone into Kakashi's, chest before ranting about how he was better.

    "Sorry about that. I'll let you go Y/n. Stay in touch okay?"

    "I will! Bye Rin, Obito! I'll text you later Kakashi." his eyes widen before he looks at the ground. Hanging up, I look up at Itachi. "That was mentally exhausting."

    "You did kind of replace them." a small smile forms on his face. Slapping his arm somewhat gently, a chuckle leaves my lips. "I don't look it as replacing them, more like expanding my friend group." I nod my head as I try to convince him, and myself.

    "Well, here we are. You better hurry up, so you don't get yelled at for being late." with that, Itachi walks away. I don't want to go tonight.