III- Friends or foe

"Absolutely NOT! Y/n, tell Kakashi I said no!" I nod my head. I look to Kakashi who's on my right. "Kakashi, Obito said absolutely not." Kakashi rolls his eyes. "Obito tell them no." "If you're so bent out of shape over it, you do it!"

"Kakashi, Obito please don't start fighting," Rin says. "Well if it's you that asking, I'll stop." Obito crosses his arms and looks the other way. "Thank you, Obito. You should invite them over."

Obito's face lit up. "See, Kakashi! Rin thinks I should do it! I'm going to go do it!" Obito took off running. "Rin, why would you tell Obito to go do that? Our friend group is already big enough." geez, what's up with that look he's giving her.

"Well, maybe if Obito has more friends, you two will become closer?" "Rin are you trying to convince Kakashi that or yourself?" Rin looks down, fiddling with her fingers.

"Ohhh, I know what it is," I say grinning. Her face turns red. "D-don't say it!" she raises her voice, putting her hands on my shoulders. "Am I missing something here?" Kakashi asks confused.

"I don't know Kakashi. Are you?"

"I am. That's why I'm asking you, moron."

"You didn't have to get rude with it!"

"Then don't ask stupid questions,"

"Why you little-"

"Y/n! I brought them!" whipping my head to Obito's voice, there's a group of kids behind him. "Hi! I'm Y/n, and this is Kakashi and Rin!" turning my body to face them, waving at them with a smile.

"I'm Asuma this is Kurenai, Might Guy, and Ebisu," he says. "Nice to meet you all! Let's go play on the swings!" I suggest, already taking off. Hopping onto the swing that hangs higher from the ground than the others.

Guy, and Ebisu sitting on the other two. "Y/n! Come here!" Rin shouts as she stands a few feet from Obito and Kakashi. Jumping off, I run stopping in front of her. "What's up?"

"They're fighting again, make it stop." she sighs, pointing to the boys. "I got this. Kakashi, Obito stop." walking towards them Kakashi stops me by holding his arm out. "No stop. Obito I'm sick of you."

"All you ever do is complain! I'm sick of you!" Kakashi slightly pushes my shoulder back. "Y/n, stand by Rin." he doesn't even look at me. I've never seen neither one of them this serious before. Stepping back to Rin, I don't say anything else.

Both of them get into a fighting stance. After a few seconds, Obito charges at Kakashi throwing a punch at his face. Kakashi easily ducks. Punches are being thrown, kicks, none of Obito's attacks are landing, but Kakashi's are.

Until finally, Obito lost his footing by dodging one of Kakashi's kicks. He falls backward and Kakashi gets on top of Obito and punches his face repeatedly. A teacher comes and drags both boys to the principal's office.

Walking home with Rin today it was quiet. "Rin? What do you think will happen now?" I ask my voice barely above a whisper. "I don't know, Y/n. I hope this fight didn't ruin their friendship," she answers.

"I wouldn't be surprised if it did. They never get along, and this fight seemed like it was the end of their friendship." my head hangs low now. "We'll just have to see."

One week later.

Could lunch be any more awkward? No one is talking. Kakashi and Obito still haven't talked to each other since that fight. "Nice weather we're having." I choke out. "I agree." Rin smiles at me from across the table, picking at her food.

"I was playing in the forest yesterday, and I got dirt on my clothes." why do I sound so awkward right now? "Y/n, please shut up," Obito mutters out. Nodding my head, I look at my food.

"Keep talking Y/n. How'd you get dirt on your clothes?" Kakashi asks looking at me. Pink coats my cheeks from how awkward this situation is. "I was running in the forest, by the river. I tripped over a branch and fell."

Obito stands up knocking his chair over. He picks up his tray and leaves. Rin is quick to follow, bringing her tray as well. "Oh my gosh, that was so awkward. I felt like I was suffocating." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Y/n you really shouldn't be running in the forest by a river, especially by yourself. That was a boring story too." "Hey! I didn't know what to say, I was trying my best!" I grumble out, taking a bit out of my food.

"Kakashi?" setting down my plastic fork, I look at him. "Yes?" "What's going to happen to this group?" he sighs "I don't know Y/n. But I'm not going to stop you from being friends with Obito. I'm sorry it has to be weird for you two."

The bell rings, signaling lunch was over. We make our way to recess, seeing Obito and Rin talking with Kurenai and Asuma. Not long after, Guy, and Ebisu, come up to us. "Let's go to swings, yeah?" Guy, asks.

Making our way to the swings, I can't help, but look back, and forth between the two groups. I guess our friendship has been divided into two.