XXIII- Decisions

"Kakuzu! My life is over!" I slam the front door, still in disbelief. "Y/n, we're in the living room." We're? Who else is here? Dropping my bag on the floor I slowly walk to the living room trying to figure out who it is. "Hurry it up, W/n!"

"Hidan!" I'm going to ignore the fact that he said my name wrong. He stands up with his arms out, I run and jump on him. Completely forgot I'm still in my school uniform.

"You're here, why?" I lean back, smiling at him while he smirks back at me. "I missed you of course." Hidan winks, making me blush. "Alright, enough. Y/n, get off of him. Now."

Shaking my head I let my legs drop. Adjusting my clothes I look back at Hidan. "Why are you really here?" He looks at Kakuzu who has his arms crossed, still sitting down in his chair. "Your brother is refusing to come back to work, so I'm here to drag him back."

My face lightens ups. "Kakuzu, let's go. I'll pick right now! Homeschool me, please." I beg, desperately wanting him to agree. "You were so adamant about the idea before, what changed your mind?"

Flashback

"You liked me when we were growing up?"

My foot slams on the breaks, our bodies jolting forward. Nervous laughter starts to fill the silence in the car. "What are you talking about? No, no. Absolutely not. I didn't." I denied his question maybe a little too much.

The cars behind me start to honk and angrily drive around me now. "You should probably drive now," Obito says as he looks back. Nodding my head, I start to drive again.

"Y/n, do you still feel that way?" his voice cracks a little, almost as if he doesn't want the answer to his question. Deciding not to answer I pull up the drive-thru to get his food.

"Obito?" he turns to look at me "I liked you. But you were always following Rin around. You didn't notice me. Now that she's with Kakashi, you're the third wheel. How I felt before doesn't matter anymore."

Why is my heart hurting? Is this what heartbreak feels like? I can feel my heart ripping.

"It's not like that. Y/n, let's- I think I need time to process this." he frowns, looking out the window.

End of flashback

"You were right. We should've done homeschool. At this point, I would even do private schooling." Kakuzu stands up with a grunt and walks past me. "No can do. You have pleaded and pleaded for me not to put you in either so I didn't. I'm not spending any more money on schools."

Punching the air quietly, I end up following him "Okay, but this morning you were all about it, what happened?"

Hidan walks into the kitchen, his voice raised "Sorry pretty lady, he's coming back with me tonight so he won't have time for everything." I stop walking and watch Kakuzu walk to his room, disappearing in the hallway.

Sighing, I walk to where Hidan is and take a seat at the dining table. "What happened? Why is your life over?" he asks, taking a seat across from me. "Basically this guy found out I had a crush on him since were little but he never liked me like that since he like somebody else. Now she's dating someone else. I don't know what to do."

He groans waving his left hand. "Sounds childish. I say just embrace it. He found out, who cares? It's simple. Make your move now, or don't. You're not little kids anymore. Take your shot now if you still have feelings. Otherwise, shut up about it."

Embrace it? Huh. Hidan, you surprisingly have smart moments sometimes.

Now the real question is, do I make a move or not?