XX- Back home

Time skip two years -

"Y/n, hurry up we don't have all morning!" Kakuzu nagged at me for the umpteenth time. "I'm coming!" swinging my bag over my shoulder, I make a mental note to grab an energy drink before class.

"Be careful, and what the hell? That skirt is too short, you can't wear that." he shakes his head, waving his hand for me to go change. "It's the school uniform, I can't change," I smirk knowing I won this argument.

He sighs, "Don't crash the car. Are you sure you want to be going to school? We can always do it online, or I can send you to that private school that's like an hour away." rolling my eyes, I reassure him I'm fine.

Settling into the car, I take a deep breath before my phone starts ringing. Putting it on speaker, I start to drive.

"Y/n! Are you excited??" Kana practically yells into the phone. I can hear her smiling through the phone.

"Not really. It's our senior year, and I'm back home. Talk about a total loser." I joke.

  "I was looking forward to this year! I can't believe your brother just dragged you back to Konoha! We should file a complaint."

"File a complaint? Maybe. You better get going. I'll text you after school babe."

"Fine! Love you lots!"

"Love you lots."

With that I hang up the phone, not bothering to turn on the radio. For a while in our first year, Kakashi, Obito, and Rin all stayed in touch. After a few months passed by, little by little we quit talking to each other.

Our friendship was never repaired. I don't know if it was because of that day before I eventually moved, or if it's because I wasn't there anymore. Staying in contact seemed like a hassle back then, but thinking about it now I don't regret it.

I became great friends with Kana, Izumo, and Inari. I liked Shisui, but Izumi discretely made it known she didn't like me hanging around them. Maybe she felt threatened by me? Or perhaps she wanted Itachi and Shisui's attention all for herself.

Despite all that my first and second year was amazing. Now, I'm going back to where I grew up. I can't decide if I'm simply nervous, or genuinely don't want to face my past friends.

Parking my car further from the building, I turn off the car. Not bothering to move, I watch people walk in. Grabbing my bag, and phone I get out of the car. Shutting the door, I flip my hair back. Straightening my posture, I make my way to the doors.

People whispering, and staring at me isn't anything new. My car does stand out, Kakuzu made sure to get me something safe, buy something expensive. He's always making sure I have the best.

Damn, I forgot to stop at a convenience store. Kana, that's your fault- "Y/n?" a voice snaps me out of my thoughts. Stopping, I turn my head to the side to look at the person calling out to me. "Do I know you?"

I look them up, and down not bothering to filter my words or actions. "Yeah, we met when we were kids. I'm Kurenai." she shifts on her left leg, clearly regretting her decision to talk to me.

"I hardly remember you." giving a smile the best I could muster up, I walk away not wanting to engage in a conversation with her anymore.

As the day goes by, I try my best to keep to myself. Being released for lunch now, I look around the cafeteria not wanting to sit down in this awful crowded place. I'll eat outside.

Choosing to eat outside was a mistake. A decent amount of kids are loud, and within that group, Kakashi's hair makes him recognizable. Obito's voice got deeper.

Looking the other way, I settle for a table by the shades. My appetite suddenly faded. "Whatever, I'll play on my phone," I mumble to myself. Before I even get the chance to do so, footsteps are becoming more audible.

"Y/n?" Kakashi's voice makes my heart skip a beat. Making a grumbling noise, I lift my head. "Kakashi." my eyes widen seeing the scar on his left eye. "May I sit?" I nod my head, not trusting my voice completely.