XXI- Hearts

"Feels like forever since I last saw you in person. You've grown up quite a bit." Kakashi lets out a chuckle. Setting my phone down I straighten up my posture, ignoring my heart speeding up.

    Wait, what? I've never liked Kakashi like that before, so why is my heart thumping so loud? He can probably hear it at this rate.

    Clearing my throat, I smirk at him. "Wish I could say the same about you." he rolls his eyes, making me smile.

    Awkwardness fills the air around us. I wonder how long this tension will linger?

    "We grew up together, but it feels like I forgot how to speak to you." a bitter laugh escapes from my mouth from his comment.

    "Well, we aren't kids anymore Kakashi." The bell cuts our conversation short. Before anything else can be said I stand up quickly and leave him by himself. Who knew coming back would feel this way?

Walking into my next class, I take a seat in the back. Rin walks in with her short, dark brown hair framing her face. She spots me and smiles making her way to the desk.

   "It's been a while Y/n. Looks like you're doing great." she gives me a close-eye smile which seems to be a little fake.

   "Yeah, I know I look good. Thanks though." I lean back in the chair, with a small smile on my face. "Still have a crush on Kakashi?"

    Rin crosses her arms across her chest, lifting her face so she's looking down on me even more noticeably. "We've been dating since last year."

    "Looks like all that begging got you somewhere." I can't help but give a throaty chuckle. "You were like a lost dog, kind of painful to watch." I give a fake pouty frown.

    Her hands clenched tightly into a fist. "Like you didn't do the same with Obito?" she snickers at her comment. Anger starts to bubble up inside me, before I can stand up the teacher walks in.