XXII- Unintentional confession

Finally, I can go home. Walking to my car with my keys in my hand I feel a tap on my left shoulder. Taking a sharp breath I turn around on my heels.

"Wh- oh my. Obito?" a smile makes its way onto my face, even though I try not to. He doesn't bother to try to contain his smile. "Long time no see. Should've called." he takes a step back and looks into my eyes without saying anything else.

My face starts to feel a little warm. Wait warm? Oh no, don't tell me I'm blushing. "I've been busy. Do you want a ride?" I look at my car then back at him. He whistles "Nice ride. I was going to ride with Kakashi and Rin but I'll take you up on that offer."

My face scrunches up in disgust. Obito lets out an airy laugh tucking his hands into his jacket. "So you ran into her? She's not exactly like how she was when we were younger." he shakes his head letting out a soft sigh.

"Obito!" both of our heads look in the direction of the person who shouted for him. Obito waves them over, smiling. His smile is so vibrant.

"Rin, Kakashi I'm going with Y/n today." Rin's face lights up automatically. "Good!" she beams aloud, clutching onto Kakashi's right arm. "Oh. Are you sure? Y/n might not want to take you home though." Kakashi butts in.

Looking at Kakashi's face he seems distraught. Why is he making that expression? I'm not going to steal his precious friend away or anything. I take that back, maybe I will. For all those years I wasted on holding back my feelings for Obito.

"Obito is going with me. I offered so don't be controlling." with that, I loop Obito's and my arm together while staring at Kakashi. Kakashi bites his lip, shaking his head. "Whatever. Rin, let's go have a date."

Obito and I watch as the couple walks away from us. "Thank you Y/n. I don't know why he was acting like that. Kakashi normally keeps his composure. Especially around Rin." looking at Obito, I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know, but let's go get some food." his face lights up like a little kid.

Ring ring ring
    Glancing down I see it's Kana. I quickly pick up and put her on speaker.

    "Hey what's up?"

    "I just wanted to see how it went! Did you see that guy you used to have a crush on since like forever?"

    "Kana. Shut. Up."

    "Ooh, la la. You totally did! What was his name again? Oh! Ob-"

    I slam my right hand down on my phone, multiple times. My left-hand grips the steering wheel to the point my knuckles were turning white. Clearing my throat I hear my phone go off again.

    Bringing my phone into my vision it's Kana. Smacking my lips together I throw my phone in the backseat.

    "Are we going to talk about that?" Obito asks. I can hear him shifting in his seat. "Talk about what?" I'll play dumb. Obito has always been oblivious to my crush on him when we were younger. Maybe he didn't realize she was going to say his name. Yeah.

    "You liked me when we were growing up?"