XVII- Embarrassment

"Oh my gosh! Y/n! Over here!" Kana calls out to me in the hallway. If I don't acknowledge her, she'll leave me alone. Right? "Hey! Y/n! What's your next class!" why is she yelling from across the hall? This is embarrassing.

A pair of hands land on my shoulders, tugging me backward. "I was calling out to you! Didn't you hear me?" she grins, locking her arm with mine. "Ha. No, I didn't." my voice falters a bit. "Ah, don't worry about it! You didn't hear me the other two times before this."

"Kana, you don't need to yell for me every time a period ends. People find it obnoxious." letting out a forced laugh, I use my free hand to scratch my cheek. "Who cares? Oh! Here's my class." internally, I groan wanting to depart from this girl.

"We have the same class. Hooray." I say sarcastically, secretly hoping she gets the message. "Let's sit by each other-"

"Y/n! Come on, I saved this seat for you." Izumi gives me a closed-eye smile. Slipping my arm from Kana's hold, I give her an apologetic smile. Making sure Kana was out of earshot I let out a sigh. "Thank you."

She giggles as Itachi sits down on the other side of her. "You looked miserable." she hums out. "I don't even know where to start. Nothing I said seemed to affect her. She's like a leech." a light gasp comes from behind us. Turning around Kana clicks her tongue and then flips us off.

"Kana I didn't mean it." my eyes widen, knowing she heard everything. "I'm just a "leech" so don't worry about it." with that she grabs her bag, and storms out of the classroom.

What did I just do?
_____________________

"Lunchtime!" the teacher exclaims. Everyone rushes out of the classroom, gathering with their friends. "Shisui is already in the cafeteria." Itachi puts his phone in the pocket.

On the way there Itachi and Izumi made small talk. Most of the people by now have sat down, or are leaving. Following the two, I look around, and spot Kana by herself.

    Taking a seat next to Shisui, the other seat next to me is open. "So, Y/n. How's your first day?" Shisui asks opening his bento. "Pretty sure I made an enemy already."

"You called her a leech. Then she ran out of the room." Izumi butts in. A small, small, smirk on her face. "Y/n you should apologize." nodding my head, I look to where Kana is. Still alone. Taking Itachi's advice. I stand up.

My hands fidget with the hem of my shirt, as I make my way to her. "Kana? Do you hate me?" she doesn't bother looking up, just continues to tap louder on her phone scrolling through Instagram.

"I'm sorry for calling you a leech." leaning my weight on one foot, I chew the insides on my cheeks. "Stand on the seat, and tell everyone I'm your friend." her voice is monotone.

A strangled noise leaves my lips. Carefully, I stand up on the seat next to her. Huffing, I cup my hands around my mouth.

"EVERYONE, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?"

Great, everyone is staring at me. Don't do anything more embarrassing. Like falling off.

"THIS IS MY FRIEND, TENMA KANA! AND I'M APOLOGIZING RIGHT NOW FOR CALLING HER SOMETHING I SHOULDN'T HAVE. BECAUSE SHE'S NOT WHAT I CALLED HER."

The cafeteria is dead silent. Shaking my head I get off the seat and sit next to her. "Wow. You did it!" she bursts out laughing. My head slams on the table "Stop! It's embarrassing, everyone was looking at me."

"You did put on quite a show. A first-year demanding everyone's attention."

    My head whips up and practically snaps backward. Surprisingly I did not get whiplash. "And- and you are?" I stammered out. He takes the other seat next to, Kana.

    "I'm, Tenma Izumo. Her cousin," he smirks, as I mentally scold myself. "And that is Shinko Inari. My girlfriend." Izumo blushes but holds a proud look on his face watching a girl make her way to the table.

    "Hey guys, what did I miss?" the girls with two braids sit down next to Izumo. Kana hands Inari, her phone. My voice can be heard of me apologizing. She tries to hold in her laughter, looking the other way.

    "Why do you look so scared?" she questions, handing the phone back. "I don't look scared. Do I?" my head immediately looks over Kana's shoulder rewatching the video. "I look like I'm about to pee myself." I cringe. Hard.

    "Wait, you posted that on Instagram?" Kana smiles innocently. "Yes, I did. As payback. What's your username?" looking at her, I roll my eyes before telling her. "Alright, I tagged you. Have fun with that." she lets out a laugh.

___________

"Later Y/n! I'll text you sometime tonight!" Kana smiles waving at me before walking away with Shinko, and Inari.

"Y/n come on," Itachi calls for me while walking ahead. Speeding up, I pull out my phone. "Aren't we waiting for Shisui and Izumi?"

"No, they're staying behind today. That was quite interesting at lunch," he says, an amused look on his face. "Yeah, yeah. She's not that bad." waving him off, I click on Instagram, seeing I had many notifications.

A dm? Clicking on it, it's from Kakashi_Hatake1

That video went viral. I
miss you, and so do the
other two. Can we talk?